Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Simple dm with flag  (Read 1876 times)

Offline M!StAkE id11479

• Members
Simple dm with flag
« on: 03 Aug 2009, 17:31:10 »
Hi ofpec people  :)
Im making a dm for the first time insteed of coops, and im a bit confused with scripts after  differents try, can someone helping me?

I use a flag in the dm, and i need an easy script for it:

Each players (from 2 diff sides west/east) can take the flag at pole or on a cadaver and then winning 7 pts, i make the flag coming back to the pole if nobody take it after 5 minutes on the last flag owner cadaver, with a Hint message for notify the come back at pole (and of curse one when somebody take flag at pole or on a cadaver)

I have opened different dm with flags from Bis but its hard to stand and filter the good infos in it, and in ofpec i dont find exactly what i want then i dont know what to remove or add in the exemples  :(

------------------

C'mon, nobody for give me that little help? I tried far as i can alone but really its confusing, and the ofpec flag tutorial for ofp have dead link...  >:(
My map is ready since 1 month and the script i need are so easy and quick to make for pros...
Atleast maybe someone can link me a flag tutorial?
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2009, 19:04:14 by M!StAkE id11479 »

Offline firegraphite

• Members
Re: Simple dm with flag
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2009, 05:39:00 »
Hi!

Poor dude! Ya its such a bummer when you get no replies.. I can relate. LoL. Well, its been a while since I've browsed these pages, and well, i guess most of the guys are pretty busy most of the time. So anyway, here's a tutorial I got a long time ago which helped me to learn about Team Deathmatch stuff. Though I never really got into "capture the flag" types, I just learned from it and improvised on the objectives. But if its flag you want, then this is exactly a tutorial about capture the flag. Hope it helps. You might want to check the site too, I'm not sure if the link still actually works though.

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint

Offline M!StAkE id11479

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2009, 17:07:37 »
Thanks but dead link again...  :P

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2009, 17:55:03 »
Consider using OFPEC's forum search function. Search the OFP boards for both Death Match and Flag and you should find everything you need.
Xbox Rocks

Offline M!StAkE id11479

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2009, 02:56:35 »
Mate, this is very easy to say lol
I spended big hours looking in ofpec about it, but in the tone of exemples and datas it being a nightmare...
I tried for days to find and stand it, i opened Bis maps, i wanted dm with flags in servers (its when you need one that you dont see one), i tried to stick together different script parts etc etc and believe me, its NOT easy, try yourself!
Scripts are the only thing i dont know in ofp, for the rest i use my own tricks and archives, but in that situation i will never win it alone, apart if i learn scripting since start, and considering the lot of guys who had already make it and how its hard i will not, i hopes a guy will spend the poor 10 minutes he need for make that easy one...  :-[
I dont try more, its too confusing and long and after a time i feel gelly...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2009, 17:45:17 »
Why not attach the script or post it within the code tags. Explain the issue and how you think it works and I'm sure you will get a more detailed answer. Don't just attach the mission and say "here try this mission". A lot of people don't run ofp as much anymore and just posting a detailed description of your problem with a accompanying scripts maybe enough. If you must post a mission then break the mission up into just the issue you are having problems with.
Xbox Rocks

Offline M!StAkE id11479

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2009, 18:54:52 »
Habitually i do it when i need help...
But in that situation it will not be honnest cause i have no part of the start of what it need!
Should i just add a classic flag script for ctf and asking an help for modify it??  :P
Be realist, a script for a dm with flag is no more than 20 lines, it will be pathetic to show something to modify totally... (if i add a flag tutorial i was doing it, but the fact is that here i have only parts of different scripts where i erased stuff i imagine it dont serve, and added from other scripts stuff i imagine it serve, in final the whole exemple will need modif!)