Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Commanding your pilot to move, stay (not engage) and hover while playing as gunn  (Read 2006 times)

Offline p75

• Members
Hi,

I'd like to be able to be play as gunner and direct my pilot to a certain spot on the map (without him engaging) and simply hover above the spot with the helicopter's nose pointed to the direction I want.

I can't figure out how to do this without the use of waypoints. I'd like to use
a script which allows me to order my pilot to a certain spot and simply hover.

For that matter I've tried team switching and as soon as I switch from the pilot to gunners seat the damn pilot either engages or lands

In that case: how do I prevent a pilot to land or engage without using waypoints?

Someone mentioned somthing about AI FSM behavior to me. But so far I'm completely in the dark. The script is for intended for my own Apache Ah-64 missions. Can someone please help me out?

Offline CrashDome

• Members
I can't be 100% sure about this, but try to order the pilot into "Safe" mode and then order him to "Watch Direction".

I do not know if he'll start evading incoming fire, but I would assume he would - and thats a good thing.

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Someone mentioned he used setCaptive to keep the pilot from engaging targets.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline p75

• Members
Thanks lads, appreciating the input, I'll give it a go.

I have one more question:

If I want my vehicle to always fly at a minimum of say 200 meters, can I write a string into the vehicle init block stating a certain minimum flying height? If possible, which command/function would I use?

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
this flyInHeight 200

It'll be the absolute height above ground. I.e minumum as well as the maximum height.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline p75

• Members

I gave this a try, but as soon as I switch seats (from pilot to gunner - I'm auto-hovering at that time (don't know if that makes a difference?)) the helicopter decents and lands  :(

Is there any command which give your pilot to just stay on the spot at a certain height?

No need to quote the previous post which you are obviously replying to - Planck
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2009, 17:04:49 by Planck »