Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making a Storm  (Read 1790 times)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
Making a Storm
« on: 29 Sep 2011, 15:17:34 »
Hi,

Im trying to make a very severe sea storm with heavy rain blown by wind and also wind causing spray coming off the surface of the water.   Ive run into several problems.

1.No matter how i set the weather or what weather mods i use. you still can see the clouds in the sky. which are outlined in the dark.  But i dont want to be able to see them, just fog so you cant see clouds even if you look up.

2.  The helicopters search light doesnt light up water, it only lights up land.  How can i make it light up water.

3. how can i make the same wind i mentioned earlier affect the helicopter and blow it around. 

thanks

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Re: Making a Storm
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2011, 07:11:20 »
There is a storm script by Mandoble here ( http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=373&game=ArmA ) but it is for Arma 1. Not sure if it still works in A2.

I'm also not sure about that water thing you want to do, but maybe the script could give you some hints (not sure though).
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline i0n0s

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2011, 12:51:05 »
1 & 2 are engine problems which can't be fixed.
For 3 you can add a little velocity via scripting.

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2011, 14:08:26 »
What if i put smoke particles over the players head?  would that not work?? 

and for the light,  What if i put a black object right under the surface of the water that is about 200 meters square?