Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CTI reduce lag  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Deadhead

• Members
CTI reduce lag
« on: 18 Jul 2009, 20:04:59 »
Hi,

Me and a friend were playing CRCTI, all went fine but we noticed that if the match is really long it is lagging and barely playable our PC's are fine thats for sure so that isnt the problem.

I would like to ask if there is a script to remove dead bodies and destructed vehicles in CTI, there is an option to 'cleanupground' but the problem is that you need to stand within 1 meter of the vehicle, we would like to have some kind of button / action to remove all vehicles and bodies that are dead/destructed.

Greetings

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re: CTI reduce lag
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2009, 20:23:14 »
Have you looked at the Editors Depot?

I believe there is at least one script that can be used for this. You may look at how that was done and then adapt it to your needs.

It is in general pretty simple. You will either repeatedly, with an appropriate delay, iterate over all the units/objects you want to care about and check whether they are dead and if yes then go on to delete them, or you will have an event handler to execute code to delete the units/objects after they are no longer alive/usable.

With vehicles I don't think it is a good idea to check if they have been destroyed. It would be better to check if they are unable to move or unable to use their weapons - that is enough to make them useless in the mission, and it doesn't equal to the vehicle being 'dead'.

The assumption is that you can edit the mission. So if it is a mission running on someone else's server and you have no way of changing the mission then there is nothing you can do about it. In that case you could create your own version of the mission and ask it to be uploaded to a server or run it on your own server.

If you need help then ask here.

Offline Deadhead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2009, 23:49:31 »
Hey, thnx for the reply but i already found out that there already was a script that deletes 'abandoned' vehicles i just needed to edit the delay time for the script to initiate

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2009, 19:51:38 »
OK, cool.

Let us know if you have any trouble with it.