Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Advanced weapons inventory menu  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Cooked Auto

• Members
Advanced weapons inventory menu
« on: 15 Jul 2009, 18:46:45 »
How would I get around making a more UI based load out screen similar to the ones in MFCTI or CRCTI?

As I was thinking of making an MP mission making use of LSRs or possibly SJBs weapon packs. Both feature simply too many weapons to make usage of ammo boxes without going insane from all the scrolling. So the easy solution would be to make a load out screen similar to what's in the CTI levels. I suppose you can call it an armory or something.

Problem is of course that I have no idea how to actually do this properly. I know how to fix what's available to the player (i.e. editing InitEquipmentTypes in the case of CRCTI for instance which) but I don't really know how to properly bind this to an item such as an ammobox for instance. Or to make the graphics so to speak.

Would it be too advanced to have weapons sorted under categories as well so the lists don't get too cluttered and instead split into relevant categories such as Pistols, SMG, AR, MG etc.?

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re: Advanced weapons inventory menu
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2009, 22:23:30 »
Do you know anything about dialogs? That's what has been used to create the custom weapon selection screens.

I'm sure you can find plenty of information about dialogs from this site simply by searching.

But I think you have to make clear to yourself whether dialogs are really what you want. If you just want to customize the loadout to start the mission with then it really doesn't require a custom dialog.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are lots of friendly people here willing to help you as long as you can come up with the right questions. it doesn't really matter if you are asking about something really simple or really complex, usually always someone will come to help you.