Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Good Heli circling script needed  (Read 967 times)

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Good Heli circling script needed
« on: 13 Jul 2009, 22:15:33 »
I was just wondering if there is a really good chopper-circling script out there. Im planning on making a black hawk down mission and I really want my uh60s to be circling a town, staying at one specific altitude and to not simply fly away.

Any help would be appreciated

Gruntage  :)
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: Good Heli circling script needed
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2009, 01:41:35 »
It depends on the effect you're trying to achieve, but I'd be inclined to use waypoints in the first instance:

arrange a few 'Move' waypoints in a rough circle and add a 'Cycle' near the first one to close the loop. Use flyInHeight to determine the altitude, though you might have to repeat that command at every waypoint. It's controlling the chopper's behaviour that may prove tricky - avoid letting them 'Engage at Will'. If you want them to fire on the enemy, you'll understand that the AI may occassionally do something stupid.

Edit: It would also be wise to keep their speed down - try Normal, but it may need Limited - so that they hit the waypoints easily and don't turn around for any they've missed.

If you want a script, have a look at BlueLikeU's mission attached to this post - but hurry while it's still there. The script itself requires some complex inputs: markers, targets, triggers, etc.

To run, the mission requires:
 - BAS Blackhawks + SOAR Pilots
 - BAS Weapons (maybe)
 - JAM
 - ZU-23-2 by AKM74 (I think)
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2009, 00:55:28 by Walter_E_Kurtz »