Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music&Sound&Radio tutorial  (Read 22350 times)

Commando

Re:Music&Sound&Radio tutorial
« Reply #75 on: 06 Dec 2003, 15:14:39 »
Im making a mpmission and i wonder if i can have a radio on a table and when you walk close to it you can change the music via the action menu and you will have around 5 tracks to choose between to so i don't want to have them in the radio menu because im going to use that space for the cas stuff and airstrike and some other stuff.

Hitekrednek

« Reply #76 on: 27 Dec 2003, 01:23:18 »
ok i dont wish to pester you with the same old stuff, but i seem to have the same problem as the other guys there.  I'll try to show you in detail what I did and what happened.
ok first, what I have is a group of three men, one is a pilot (whether that matters or not).  I have a chopper and i have a "getin" waypoint to that chopper. ok so far no problems.   when they get in the chopper i want that waypoint to play my music.  im just experimenting with this ... trying to learn so it may seem corny.  ok here is my description.ext file:

class CfgMusic
{
  tracks[]=
  {
      airwolf   
  };

class airwolf
  {
      name = "airwolf";
      sound[] = {\music\airwolf.ogg, db+0, 1.0};
  };
};

ok ... now i copied and pasted your text from the tutorial to my .ext file ... btw ... i double checked the properties to make sure it was an .ext file and not .ext.txt .   ok now when i click on the waypoint in editor to go to effects and look for my music name in the drop down box ... its not there.  i have tried and double checked and everything because i didnt want to bother you... but this is an essential part to my mission building to me ... i hope i have been fully informative enough for you in this matter.  Please reply soon ... i am anxious to learn!

Hitek

deaddog

« Reply #77 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:07:51 »
Where you already in the editor when you made your desc.ext file?  Remember,  everytime you make changes to the description.ext file, you MUST reload the mission.  The changes will not take affect until the mission is reloaded (make sure you save any progress first).

Hitekrednek

« Reply #78 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:15:46 »
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!! let me try that really quick man ... thanks!!!

Hitekrednek

« Reply #79 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:18:59 »
alright!! ive got it in the list! now i need to figure out why i dont hear anything ... is it because of the db thing being set at zero?

deaddog

« Reply #80 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:33:34 »
You may have not recorded the music properly.  It has to stereo for one thing.  I do the following and it works.

Wav file:
stereo, 16 bit, 44KHz  (normal cd quality)

ogg conversion:
stereo, 44.1KHz, 64Kbits/s constant bitrate

I don't think you absolutely have to use these parameters (other than stereo for music, mono for sound effects) but these work for me.

Hitekrednek

« Reply #81 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:45:01 »
how do i change the thing to 16bit ... i dont see anywhere to select that ... and that wav file says its a 24 bit........... for some reason my dpconverter program wont even convert my wav file ... would the mp3 file work just as good?
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2003, 02:47:28 by Hitekrednek »

Hitekrednek

« Reply #82 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:59:20 »
Hey man ... thanks deaddog ... youre my hero ... you got me straight now ... thats so cool ... ive been trying to get that for a couple of weeks now ... but when you get it to play ... the music sounds good part of the time and really fast other times ... keeps speeding up and slowing down ... but hey ... it plays ... seems like the music quality got better when the chopper got farther away

Hitekrednek

« Reply #83 on: 28 Dec 2003, 01:28:47 »
i have one more question about this music audio file ... when it plays (sometimes not even in the game) ... when i play it, it sometimes speeds up and slows down randomly ... is that because of quality of the file ... or sound card issue?

deaddog

« Reply #84 on: 28 Dec 2003, 01:53:06 »
I'm not sure about that one.  Maybe it's a variable bitrate thing.  I don't know really.

Hitekrednek

« Reply #85 on: 28 Dec 2003, 02:22:18 »
the bitrate was like 112 from the original ... i did have it set to constant bitrate when i converted though ... reckon lag could cause it?

Peter haroski

« Reply #86 on: 13 Apr 2004, 18:28:20 »
When I try to convert wave file with dBAMP Music converter, I get error message "The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Converted Music\haloo.ogg.TEMP.ogg' could not be opened."

What should I do?

tHe s4lut3

« Reply #87 on: 22 May 2004, 00:01:53 »
could someone just put this in a big tutorial and post it here please?

Commando

« Reply #88 on: 10 Jun 2004, 17:53:43 »
hi it was long since last i asked a question here but i wonder if i got custom music and custom radio sounds what comes first in the description.ext ?

Commando

« Reply #89 on: 05 Sep 2004, 18:48:59 »
im trying my hand at mfcti editing and i want to have some sounds that plays everytime i finnished building a building and some other stuff to.
I got sound files ready but how do i change in the scripts that it plays a custom sound file when a building has been built?
And do i put the sound files in a sounds folder then?