Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music&Sound&Radio tutorial  (Read 22354 times)

Knut Erik

Re:Music&Sound&Radio tutorial
« Reply #45 on: 02 Feb 2003, 17:04:50 »
Bah!! I dont get the Sounds to work. The sounds show up in the voices menu on effects, but there is no sound!!
I wrote this.

this say "phone1"

Nothing happened. The text I wrote in the stringtable.ext was there and the man's lips was moving, but there was no sound!!

Can anyone please help me???
Here is what I have writen in my decription file.

class Phone1{name = "Phone1";sound[] = {"Phone1.ogg", 40, 1.0};titles[] = {0, $STRM_Phone1};};

Please help!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Navy_Seals

« Reply #46 on: 02 Feb 2003, 18:10:28 »
Well from what it appears to be u have created ur wav file, made a lip file, then put it in the sound folder but either forgot to put the original ogg file in the same folder or just forgot to convert it. Just check it, the ogg and lip file should be in the same folder, not the wav file. U use wav files only to record ur speech and then to be able to make a lip file thas all  ::)

Cheers ;)

fragger

« Reply #47 on: 02 Feb 2003, 19:20:05 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
yeees!!!!!!! its workin now!!!!!
thankee very very much for all the help guys!
now at last i can put sounds in my missions!

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #48 on: 03 Feb 2003, 00:39:19 »
Wav2lip does work with XP....

Make sure the directory you put it in has no spaces... eg:

C:\wav2lip

C:\utils\blah\blah\wav2lip

Not:

C:\Program Files\wav2lip

Knut Erik

« Reply #49 on: 03 Feb 2003, 14:00:59 »
No, no, no!
I'm sorry. I wrote wrong the last time. What is happining is.
The sound appear in the effects list, but nothing happens. The text appear, but the guy is quiet and the lips is not moving. The .ogg files and .lip files is in the "sounds" folder in the mission folder.

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #50 on: 03 Feb 2003, 17:19:03 »
The .ogg files and .lip files is in the "sounds" folder in the mission folder.

Sounds you say? Try renaming the folder sound, also make sure your sound is more than a second in length, flashpoint can have trouble playing short files.

Knut Erik

« Reply #51 on: 03 Feb 2003, 20:04:48 »
Yeah! Now it did work!!
Thanks a lot!!  
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

red devil

« Reply #52 on: 25 Feb 2003, 18:07:01 »
hey guys, remember me? No dint think so  ;) well I got the sound workin a while ago thanks to the 'sound God' (Navy_Seals) but I am havin 1 prob with loopin it, I have this script but It doesnt work, I think that its sumthing to do with the lenth bit  :'( please help me. Here is the script: -

_i = 0;
#loop
_i = _i + 1
playmusic "battlebh"
~70 - 70
? (_i <= 5): goto "end"
goto "loop"

#end
ForceEnd

I think I may have missed a line also?

Navy_Seals

« Reply #53 on: 27 Feb 2003, 18:32:43 »
hey guys, remember me? No dint think so  ;) well I got the sound workin a while ago thanks to the 'sound God' (Navy_Seals)
;D :P ::)

Hey red, yeah i remember u, long time man. Anyways i think i see where is the problem

~70 - 70  Get rid of  - 70, it should be just ~70
? (_i <= 5): goto "end"

So what it appears u did, is wait 70 seconds minus 70 seconds which is 0. So the music couldnt even start, it looped through the whole script in few seconds and exited. Try it, its gotta work
Cheers ;)

trav58

« Reply #54 on: 12 Mar 2003, 01:58:33 »
Well, can you get the music to show up in effects with the old nasty version of Flashpoint 1.2 or whatever cause ive never seen it do that. anyhow iv'e can get one music file to play using a script and the playmusic "musictitle" thingy the only problem is that the only music file i can get to work is a music file i got out of an example mission so i guess my problem lies in the conversion process or something i use DbPower amp and tried a crap load of others none worked for playing in operation flashpoint but i can play them like in winamp or something and of course i used all the right parameters for conversion and what not so if anyone has any ideas about this id like to hear from you. ???

bmgarcangel

« Reply #55 on: 13 Mar 2003, 01:48:58 »
hey navy seal,
I need help with one thing.  Now, I know how to get all that sound and crap but the cfgRadio thing has me stumped.  were is the sound for the radio when you go to a trigger.  
And one other thing.  how do I get lips moving with the lip snyc thingy.  
email me at bmgarcangel@yahoo.com to reply to me.
Brendan G.

Reborn

« Reply #56 on: 04 Apr 2003, 21:50:02 »
ok all tuff one for ya lol for me anyways i want to add a song file and a rotating camera view to rotate over the battle field for like a Coop or a CTF or whatever....now, how can i do this????your help will be very very appreciated

Shaggy

« Reply #57 on: 18 May 2003, 21:29:25 »
Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I am currently working on a MOD for OFP CWC. I am going to design my own 3D Models/World/Guns and of course  "Sound effects and Music". It will be like what Counter-Strike is to Half-life, under the same game but an addon. I have a problem whilst reading Tombies tut (which he corrected navy seals tut). Instead of uing notepad I use "edit" which can be ran from Start Button/Run then type in "edit". This is better than notepad as you can save it as anything you want. I inserted the following text into this program:

class CfgMusic
{
     tracks[]={ SHAGGY_Track1 };  

class SHAGGY_Track1
                 {
                          name = @Predator-Main Theme@;
                                   sound[] = {musicSHAGGY_Track1.ogg, db+0, 1.0};
                                        };
                                        };

I copied and pasted Navy Seals code and tried it, to find that it doesnt work. Then i copyied and pasted Tombies, only to find that OFP will not work anymore. Windows Prompt me with the following error message:

Cannot memory-map file 'Campaigns\1985.pbo'

Could you help me with both of my problems if it is okay?
I am aiming to get this Mod up and running around Spring 2004 and I really dont have time because I have to create the 3D models of the predator, and the other characters. I also have to learn MAYA the 3D model creator which can be found with a game called UT2003. Milkshape seems to be old so I am going for a newer program. :)

This sound file was to be apart of a cinematic. Its the scene where arnie and his crew aer arriving in the chopper to meet the general. After he get out of the chopper (while smoking a cigar, he will get into a jeep and go over to the general and talk to him). This Mod will be based entirly on the movie and of course a few additional extras. I will be creating it myself probably with the help of my friends at some point. (My friend already knows how to create 3D Models)

Thanks in advance.
Shaggy

Shaggy

« Reply #58 on: 19 May 2003, 21:04:31 »
Its ok i got that error sorted out but i still need help with the ext file

Shaggy

« Reply #59 on: 26 May 2003, 22:18:17 »
This isnt a very helpful forum...no one has replied :(