Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music&Sound&Radio tutorial  (Read 22355 times)

Von Drinkoften

Re:Music&Sound&Radio tutorial
« Reply #30 on: 08 Jan 2003, 20:59:18 »
 :'(

I have a problem.
Ive been trawling the boards and picking up info for a couple weeks now and messing around with the mission editor.......and im glad to say that most of my ......ahem...creations turn out and work the way a want.......more or less  :-\
Anyway........was looking at the editors depo on editing music. Ive DL`ed  and installed dB Poweramp and the ogg codec.
Now ive successfully converted my song from MP3 to .ogg format

It currently is 4.07mb's and called        acdcblood.ogg
 (converted to 128kbs .......44100hz as per instructions.........lol .......i hope  ::) )

Anyway created a folder in my \user mission   named testmusic         and set a trigger 500X500 West present.
I followed Navy Seals egsample exactly.......ie:

Create an empty file in notepad and write this down and then im gonna explain what everything stands for, alright.
class CfgMusic
{
  tracks[]=
  {
      jade, blink
  };

class jade
  {
      name = "jade";
      sound[] = {\music\jade.ogg, db+0, 1.0};
  };
  class blink
  {
      name = "blink";
      sound[] = {\music\blink.ogg, db+0, 1.0};
  };
};

Anyway all i got from that was two listings at the bottom of Effects\ Music list under trigger     "Jade" & "Blink".......wouldnt play my song :(

I was thinking (right or wrong) that the names "jade" and "blink" would have to be changed to "acdcblood"    however that didnt work either

Anyway its knackerd......could sum1 plz put me straight?
Or put it in "english for idiots" so i can follow  ::)

Any help would be greatly appreciated  ???

On final note.....i have a yellow folder called        music,  and a 2nd file (notepad) called description.ext (notepad file).........both are empty now and rdy fot possible future instructions.

Cheers all  :-\ :'(

Navy_Seals

« Reply #31 on: 11 Jan 2003, 17:42:43 »
Ok guys i have made a small mission u can grab it here (its not complete, cos i didnt spend much time doing it) http://ofptf.ofprc.net/hosted/NS/DropZone.Abel.zip just check the read me file. Ohh yeah and if after that u will still have problems then excuse me!!! but i dont know then what r u doin wrong, okAY!
Cheers  ::) ;) :P

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #32 on: 11 Jan 2003, 20:08:46 »
:'(

I have a problem....

...I followed Navy Seals egsample exactly...

=========================================

LOL, navy_pal, ya shouldn't need to put up samples - it works great 'as is'.  ;D

@ Von Drinkoften :  Try and lower down yer alchohol consumption a bit.... that MUST be it!!!  ::) ;D

navy_seals' tutty works just fine, bullet proof (yes, I've tried it)  ;) 8)

PS. the LENGTH of a music file DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!
I noticed that you put up notes about this, von D.  :) as if it could be a probby.
But I assure you, it ain't  :-*

Try again! is all I can say.

Navy_Seals

« Reply #33 on: 12 Jan 2003, 16:15:06 »
Hey Tomby  ;D yeah i know that it all "werks" great, but since peeps still cant figure out how to do it i thought a little example would be fine.

navy_seals' tutty works just fine, bullet proof (yes, I've tried it)

:thumbsup: :beat:

Anywwwaays!!! If ya all folks r having any probs just post'em here and try to be more careful when writing desription.ext and stuff. One mistake and nothing works and of course u blame it all on me and my "FrEaGiNg" tutorial.  :P ::)

Cheers  :joystick: :hmm:

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #34 on: 13 Jan 2003, 01:03:15 »
lol.

::) but its true, though: one missing semicolon & it all blows!  >:( ;D  :noo:

:D A hint to all ext.n00bs : copy/paste an already made description.ext and simply overwrite the
titletracks with yer own titles ( + the other details mentioned in the tute ).

Then, by time, you can easily make up a music/sound folder all alone after having
done some trial & error fiddlings with overwritten music folders  :-*

EFC-MajinBu-IT

« Reply #35 on: 16 Jan 2003, 20:19:01 »
I'm making a single player level and im trying to make an officer brief the squad while he is standing still in front of me (im just a man in the squad). So i made some sentences with Gold Wave using my mic. I can make him say the first sentence but i cant figure out how to make him say the other sentences after the first one. (I can make separate people say the second or third sentence). ???
I read the tut part about the lips that move according to the words but i dont understand how to apply that "unitname say "speech2" thing. Where exactly do i have to type this? Anyway how do i make the officer say the other things?

PS: Navy_seals really great tut, it opened my eyes on flashpoint editing! thx man!   8)  ::)

Navy_Seals

« Reply #36 on: 17 Jan 2003, 15:44:40 »
Well its pretty simple. Here.... ill show u how its done.

Lets say u have 5 different speech sounds which u recorded using ur mic, and they r all working in OFP and stuff.... Ok lets say that the guy who u want to speak, we will name him Sarg1
Now open notepad and do the following->
unitname say "speech name" Just a basic to remind u how to make the guy speak, u dont need to copy this.

Sarg1 say "sargTalk1" <- we make the guy speak
~6 this is the time interval, so it tells the game to wait 6 seconds until the next line is going to be executed.

So lets say that u have sound files with length of 6, 8, 3, and 5 seconds and u want them to be in the same order.
Sarg1 say "sargTalk1"
~6
Sarg1 say "sargTalk2"
~8
Sarg1 say "sargTalk3"
~3
Sarg1 say "sargTalk4"
~5
on so far and so on....

Now we save it as Sarg1.sqs and in the editor we type this exec "Sarg1.sqs" in the initialization field of the guy whos gonna do the talking.

Well thats basicly it, and i hope u know that the time is not exactly correct, i mean the sound file can be 4.3 seconds or 5.6 so all u gotta do is just tweak those numbers and also i suggest u add abit more time to the script then the original sound is cos otherwise it will be so fast, just like in one sentence :P
So instead of 6 seconds just add 6.5

Cheers ;)

EFC-MajinBu-IT

« Reply #37 on: 17 Jan 2003, 16:23:51 »
great! thx man but if i would like to add some text at the bottom?
do i just edit the .sqs? ::)

Navy_Seals

« Reply #38 on: 17 Jan 2003, 23:50:57 »
Yeah u do it right in the sqs, if for instance u want the text to display at the same time the guy is speaking, then add this line

Sarg1 say "sargTalk1"
TitleText ["Type ur text here", "Plain Down"]
~6

or something like that lol :D

Cheers ;)

EFC-MajinBu-IT

« Reply #39 on: 19 Jan 2003, 10:09:14 »
 ;D ;D ;D
cool man! This level is coming out really great. Greater than i expected! This forum really helped me a lot. Thx forum team and Navy Seals!
Hehe only thing i need now is another voice :) i already talked too much in the game. lol

PS anyway is there a way to make a group of soldiers paradrop in the field and make them join my team? (im trying to make the plane start in the air without having it to takeoff first, also because the airport is in enemy hands! lol). But the plane mustn't be in one of the two teams either.

Cheers  again! 8) ;D ;)

Navy_Seals

« Reply #40 on: 19 Jan 2003, 20:25:09 »
Yes there is a way, but im not gonna tell u how to do it, not here(this is the forum related to music, sounds and camera scripting). U should ask this question in general forum, and about paradroping u can download my sample mission and there are several scripts which use paradroping, so u can freely take em

Cheers ;)  ::)

fragger

« Reply #41 on: 02 Feb 2003, 14:05:14 »
                                     :help:
Plz help me! Iv been trying to convert my wav files to lip, but when i drag it into the wavetolip file it just ignores it.
even though iv changed it to 16bit mono.
I can change it to ogg, and it works, but it dosnt work with the wavetolip. ???

fragger

« Reply #42 on: 02 Feb 2003, 14:26:36 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
i use windows xp. i dont think wavtolip works with xp.
does this mean im stuck?

Navy_Seals

« Reply #43 on: 02 Feb 2003, 16:01:19 »
Well to tell u the truth im not sure, but i think that it doesnt work with XP version, why... well i dont know :P
Try putting it in a folder without spaces, something like that -> C:\Wav_converter or C:\Converter cos if u type C:\Program Files\Converter - program files contains a space in between thus it wont work.

Cheers ;)

Knut Erik

« Reply #44 on: 02 Feb 2003, 16:59:56 »
Well to tell u the truth im not sure, but i think that it doesnt work with XP version, why... well i dont know :P
Try putting it in a folder without spaces, something like that -> C:\Wav_converter or C:\Converter cos if u type C:\Program Files\Converter - program files contains a space in between thus it wont work.

Cheers ;)

Nah! That does not work. You must put the WaveToLip in your C:\ folder. Just C:\
Then it workes! It did work fine for me...