Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Secrets of camera blurring  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
Secrets of camera blurring
« on: 28 Jun 2009, 16:08:14 »
I'm pretty disappointed of my last cutscene because I just can't seem to control the camera focus.

Focus does switch back and forth when soldiers 100m away are passing through the screen center.

And I'm not able to focus real sharp on a speaking character, ~1.3m up close in the center of the camera. - Maybe using a getpos-camera-target instead of just targeting the character by it's name is influencing but I want to avoid the camera wobbling caused by the head movement of the character.

I've found that command setcamerainterest, and the wiki states that the higher it's set the more focus priority. Talking units (say command I gues) are automatically getting value 50.
So I set my main characters to 50 because I'm just using titlecuts, then 1000 afterwards. The autofocus doesn't care.

Are there any workarounds? Some custom intros look pretty decent but I don't find any special commands in them.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Secrets of camera blurring
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2009, 18:32:58 »
Look around here: clicky

There are various commands there such as camSetFocus which might help you (okay, so mostly just that command). I don't know myself - I never really used the PP effects so blur was never an issue. :dunno:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Secrets of camera blurring
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2009, 00:40:00 »
Thank you for pointing me to this command. I've stopped looking after finding my first command. :whistle:

camSetFocus/camPrepareFocus did what I wanted when setting the needed focus manually.
Setting the distance is just fine, though I didn't see a big difference between 0.01 or 1.0 blur, but this could be caused by having close shots only. Blur 0 disables the focus effects completely.

PS: The topic solved button seems to be gone...?