Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Recovering old maps  (Read 1691 times)

Offline cragtek

• Members
Recovering old maps
« on: 22 Jun 2009, 19:31:14 »
Hello all!

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. I think the last time was about 5 years ago when I was trying to implement a random scream coming from some woods in Operation Flashpoint!

I used to edit missions and script a fair bit for Flashpoint, and dabbled in Arma editing also, but I've been out of the game for a long time and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a poser?

One of my favourite map types is a variant of Flag Fight, where there are two bases, respawning vehicles and one flag. The aim is for both players to race to pick up the flag and transport it across the map to the capture point. Every time there was a new OFP upgrade, I re-edited these missions and continued playing. When ArmA came out, things were somewhat more difficult, but I was still able to somehow hack my old maps into working with a fair bit of tweaking (I can't remember how!).

I've got a couple of maps still knocking about, but any attempts to load them into the editor are greeted with error messages. I've tried editing out references to vehicles that are no longer present but still can't get it up and running. I'd rather load in an old map, because starting from scratch would require me to learn EVERYTHING again!

Is it possible to get around this, and force the editor to load in the data - stuff like triggers, markers, gamelogics and flags? The actual vehicles etc I can replace without much work.

Thanks in advance!

Craig.