Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice [REVIEW COMPLETE]  (Read 22069 times)

Offline JohnBart

• Members
Re: [OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice
« Reply #45 on: 03 Dec 2010, 02:18:23 »
New version is up! See EDIT #4 in the first post for exact changes. :)
Let's hope I got rid of any major problems... :)

@Walter_e_Kurtz: Thanks for pointing out these issues!

@Boxer: Unfortunately it is a known issue of the addon, but I'd rather not search for another van only because of that. Though I agree, they definitely can be a pain in the neck when it comes to fire an RPG/LAW from their cover...

@Inconsistend approach to profanity: Didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing to it, but I'd rather not pbo the campaign again and make another full impact testing solely because of one set of mission subtitles.

@Mission Plan Update: This should be fixed and be more straightforward in 1.6.

@High Noon Briefing: Same as above. They were taken off-guard, by the way. :)

The Missing weaponpack bug is also fixed methinks, I placed a pilot with a revolver on every map far from the mission area. This fixed the issue when I played through the campaign, I hope you also won't encounter with it again.

Again, thanks for the feedback! :)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #46 on: 20 Dec 2010, 14:52:44 »
Could you check again the links? The link does not load campaign and throws error. :good:

Thanks
~ Aldo
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #47 on: 22 Dec 2010, 11:54:35 »

I was about to do a profanity-filled rant on FileFront, but decided to calm down. Okay, the campaign will be uploaded early January as I won't be anywhere near my home computer until that time...

Thanks for the heads-up, Aldo! ;)

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #48 on: 02 Jan 2011, 20:34:34 »
Happy New Year, everyone! :)

The link is fixed, the campaign archive can be reached here. First post of the topic was also update accordingly. ;)

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
  • Fraud is the ready minister of injustice.
« Reply #49 on: 26 Jan 2011, 00:08:06 »
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2011, 17:09:48 by OFP_f3d3 »
Nothing in the world is as certain as death.

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #50 on: 01 Feb 2011, 10:24:57 »
Hey OFP_f3d3, thanks for your detailed response! :)

Quote from: OFP_f3d3
i got a problem with something at the last mission after Saint Pierre, i get an error that talks something about an addon of a DMX_policie_brdm.
Weird. Last time I played through the campaign, there were no "missing addon" errors. Moreover, the police BRDM is part of the police vehicles pack so if they appear without any problem in the credits mission, why does the BRDM not? Will take a look at it.

Because they're also nuts, like the protagonist. :D
OK, so here it goes: I originally planned more music segments in the campaign besides the opening and ending rap to deepen the fun factor and the airy nature of the story. E.g. there would have been a segment with the "rap guy" right after Shopping too, when Hades and Fenyvesi escape from the anarchist reinforcements. Eventually, I left most of them out because it would take a hell of a lot of time to edit them, but would serve no real function whatsoever. The Antagonist Rap however stayed, as I concluded that it would be a really unusual way to introduce the bad guys of the story.

i noticed something wuite weird, nobody fires a the "black smuggler" as player calls him. at the beginning they only shoot at the police car.
Since OpFlash does not have the allowdamage command (and the separatists are horrible when it comes to aim :D), I decided to achieve the "action movie"-feeling by having them targeting a couple of invisible targets and the police car. It looks good, and also keeps alive a mission-critical person.
the ones that eject from the chopper are dead because they hit the floor too fast.
No matter how high I set FlyInHeight, the chopper keeps flying in the same height. Anyway, most of them survives parachuting (not to mention that it looks alright in a comical campaign :)).

Yes, if everything works as I planned, you cannot stop the chopper. They are meant to escape.

I truly am amazed. I've never encountered this error in this mission. In fact, the end trigger is as easy as possible in OFP: the chopper takes off when every enemy is defeated, while the mission ends when the chopper arrives above the prison.

Do you receive the "Mission Completed!" title when the Mi-17 arrives?

The next mission where you have to stop a military convoy everything goes fine until the chopper appears and the the mission ends   . I thought something was wrong so i gave another try now i have to take down the chopper, i fire 9 RPGs until i hit it (I think i must practice that)
Again, could you tell me exactly how did the mission end? Did the debriefing appear before the in-game cutscene of the helicopter or after it? Did you wait some time with the chopper flying above you before it ended, or did it finish as soon as the Mi-2 arrived? I never experienced such a bug.

As for the RPG: Check the ammunition trucks, you'll find a Strela in one of them. Alternatively, why don't you use a PK? :)

Not exactly. The hero remarks that all the building doors are closed, but there is also a telephone in the car. ;)

Again, I am clueless. The end trigger is really-really simple, the mission should finish as soon as the first police BRDM reaches the vicinity of the buildings next to the road (where the green Skoda stays).

How far did they stop from those buildings? Did you block their path? I can tweak the end trigger, but apart from that, I really have no idea why it doesn't work at you.

Then here comes bug, the cops arrive in groups of 3 guys but they took almost 15 game minutes to arrive to my location. as i eliminate the last cop cars the mission ends correctly.
The reinforcements consist of two waves, the first being a police convoy the second a military contingent. I never had such a problem with them. In fact, every time I played that mission, I had to be really fast in getting out the car and then sending everyone in the city to take cover.

Could you elaborate on this bug a bit more? Do the reinforcements arrive in vehicles, or on foot? How much of them arrive at once? I don't think I can do anything about this (lest I can reproduce it somehow), but I'll see to it of course.

Again, thank you for your detailed feedback, and I'm really happy that you enjoyed the campaign, despite the flaws it has. :)

P.D.: Add a video were the Karoly goes into a psichiatric hospital for the rest of his life (Admit it, this guy i completely nuts)
LOL. :D

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 04 Apr 2011, 23:59:35 »
Hey everyone,

Finally I could allocate the time this weekend to give the campaign two more playthroughs on two different PCs. I was trying to check whether I'd be able to reproduce f3d3's bugs, but I was unsuccessful in doing so.

i got a problem with something at the last mission after Saint Pierre, i get an error that talks something about an addon of a DMX_policie_brdm.
Did not receive it on the PCs I ran the campaign. I checked the mission.sqm file, but the addonlist seems OK. I absolutely have no idea what causes the problem at you.

Now that's an amazing one. The mission end trigger is the most basic one possible, so I have no idea where it goes awry. As soon as the enemies are neutralized in the prison area, the chopper takes off. As soon as it is located nearby the prison, the mission ends. I've worked quite a couple of years on this campaign but never ran into such an error. Didn't run into it this time either.

The next mission where you have to stop a military convoy everything goes fine until the chopper appears and the the mission ends
Could not reproduce it, but checked the ending conditions. It is again relatively simple: a Vehicle not present condition in a 2x2 km area. Under these circumstances, you can receive a premature mission ending only if
a.) you destroy or immobilize the vital supply trucks.
b.) the chopper leaves its area of operation for some reason, which I don't know why it would do. It must be big enough for it.

I tried what happens if I intentionally block the first BRDM of the police convoy. It bypassed me and continued its way, always ending the mission. I also don't know why would the BRDM stop before his Present trigger which would end the mission - its waypoint is located way inside the (relatively long) trigger. Again, I'm clueless and have absolutely no idea how to prevent such an event.

That said, the problem might be caused by additional mods and/or addons, especially replacement packs that use vehicles which behave differently than the vanilla units.

Then here comes bug, the cops arrive in groups of 3 guys but they took almost 15 game minutes to arrive to my location. as i eliminate the last cop cars the mission ends correctly.
Couldn't reproduce it during my playthroughs. I don't even know why do they slow down. The editing is simple, really: the police and military convoy moves to a road waypoint during the in-game cutscene (when the radio chatter is going on about the reinforcements), then they continue to the town when the player's reinforcements (the three guys) are detected to be half way back to ensure the player is not "late from the party". The only way the mission can go glitchy is if you leave your buddies behind in the camp because of the trigger condition mentioned above, but I thought that the player would need every help they can get so it makes no sense to leave behind or kill off your buddies there.

Anyway, unless somebody finds a serious issue or can reproduce the bugs above OR can give me detailed feedbacks about them so I can try to prevent them ever happening again, I think the campaign is ready for a review. :)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #52 on: 05 Apr 2011, 21:02:30 »
I'll try to test it, I Think I have time to test it and modify my Operation Fidel mission

Cheers,
Aldo15
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #53 on: 06 Apr 2011, 18:44:59 »
I'll be happy to formally begin the review of this one. Thanks for all your efforts in trying to get things corrected.

The actual review process is far more involved than a standard play testing and so I'm certain I'll be able to reproduce bugs if they exist and be able to provide a step by step fix to correct matters unless, as you say, it has something to do with anything out of the editor's control.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2011, 18:46:58 by savedbygrace »

Offline JohnBart

• Members
Re: [OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice [UNDER REVIEW]
« Reply #54 on: 06 Apr 2011, 22:20:06 »
Quote from: savedbygrace
The actual review process is far more involved than a standard play testing and so I'm certain I'll be able to reproduce bugs if they exist and be able to provide a step by step fix to correct matters unless, as you say, it has something to do with anything out of the editor's control.
I appreciate your continuing help and support. Thank you! :)

Quote from: Aldo15
I'll try to test it, I Think I have time to test it and modify my Operation Fidel mission.
Thank you, and again, thanks everyone who helped me fixing as many things I could. :)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Re: [OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice [REVIEW PENDING]
« Reply #55 on: 29 Apr 2011, 18:42:26 »
I've tested this campaign quite well and have opened it up to view all of the internal files. I have not encountered any of the bugs that OFP_f3d3 has, but I have encountered a potential problem area in the Regina mission. Since it seems to unfold quite randomly, there are times when the enemy armor will remain in the city, damaged but not destroyed and the friendly armor fail to recognize them. Since the player does not have the ability to pick up shoulder launched weapons, I would ask that you insert some sort of safety for this. Otherwise, the mission could cease to move forward until the friendly armor recognize and eliminate the damaged armor. The best way to remedy this would be to have the player decked out in police uniform again so that he is able to pick up any weapon.

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #56 on: 02 May 2011, 00:53:47 »
Thank you! :)

Now, as far as I know, the police uniform does not solve the problem, because I remember putting the character into one, and he couldn't use RPGs even in a riot outfit. The solution might be to put the player character into an East uniform, which however means that the hero should appear in that uniform in all subsequent missions. I'll figure out which one works soon! :)

I'll also tweak the chopper not present trigger in the convoy ambush mission (increase its diameter just to be on the safe side) and tweak the long stand-off cutscene too (the one after getting the gold trucks), because the last time I played it, one of the smugglers shot the Jackal on the leg, meaning that he had to crawl to the Lada to get going... :D

Thanks again for the extensive review, I'll keep you posted! :)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: 02 May 2011, 02:38:21 »
Keeping the main character in civy clothing is fine.
It seems like some of the armor stops outside of the city and they may not spot resistance armor if it stops on the other side of the buildings. If you just had that armor patrol to the other side of town, there may never be a problem. You could also execute a safety check to see if all friendly armor is damage beyond fighting capabilities and if so, kill off the remaining resistance armor for example...
Quote from: code
If (getdammage easttank1 > .4) && (getdammage easttank2 > .4) Then (resistancetank1 setdammage 1) && (resistancetank2 setdammage 1)

EDIT:
Another problem area. opflashpoint.org has been down for some time now. That site offers three of your addons that are found no where else on the internet(that I have found anyways). I would ask that if you have these addons complete with a Readme, that you submit them to OFPEC Addons forums for review and upload.

• Intruders police cessna and police skoda
  • Mehanics Peugot Boxer
  • AKM74's ZU23 static AA

I might see problems with the peugot boxer not being adequate enough to upload to our site, since it's geometry lod is larger than it should be. BUT, I can't speak for our Addon depot staff. They may judge things differently, so it's worth a try. Here is the submission standard over there. Please read and follow it.

If the addons are not accepted, you may have to upload them somewhere else such as Gamepark(if they'll accept them from you and not the author)

If all else fails, and this is my very personal opinion if it were my own project, I would consider swapping those models for models similar to it.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2011, 05:38:35 by savedbygrace »

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #58 on: 02 May 2011, 10:01:08 »
If you just had that armor patrol to the other side of town, there may never be a problem. You could also execute a safety check to see if all friendly armor is damage beyond fighting capabilities and if so, kill off the remaining resistance armor for example...
Great idea! Thanks!

Another problem area. opflashpoint.org has been down for some time now. That site offers three of your addons that are found no where else on the internet(that I have found anyways). I would ask that if you have these addons complete with a Readme, that you submit them to OFPEC Addons forums for review and upload.
OK, I'll see to it! :)

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #59 on: 02 May 2011, 12:07:59 »
I'd be inclined to throw a piece of raw meat studded with tranquilisers to the guard-dogs at the Addons Depot. They might be persuaded to host the addon pack in its entireity, though it should really contain the readmes.

Additionally, it might be possible to edit the Boxer model. According to this thread it may be free to modify:
Some examples of "Permission Free" addons that I know of are: ...
* Mehanic's vehicles