Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Today's Missions  (Read 1346 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Today's Missions
« on: 07 Apr 2009, 08:27:02 »
Greetings, I've been doing reading upon Armed Assault II. Sounds like they are going to try and bring the characters back with team razor and a detailed campaign.

My thought was, todays ideas for missions seems as if though they are from the current world and it's reality of war. What caught my eye was this quote I read in a PDF file.

"An incredibly detailed
storyline, full of political
intrigue and plot twists,
which blurs the boundaries
between fact and fiction."

One word came to mind, "Political". Yeah it's becoming more political. Unlike Operation flashpoint in the beginning it was all about war and the details of blowing things up and going on missions and battles. Now it's the bits and pieces of the war formed from government people from around the world as in "rescue the president" and "assist the president". It's based off of smaller special forces teams as seen on the "razor team" for ArmA2.

Is my theory way out there? Probably not, which is probably why people have a hard time creating missions because the official people "Bohemia Interactive" focus on real world issues then what you know, bring that into a game in their own sense. So in a sense people are somewhat only limited to what's been released.

So I say people, use your creativity, create missions not based on real world experiences, make it real yes, but dont' allow the dull minded events of the world block your creations for yourself or the community.

I hope my insight has helped.. :)
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Today's Missions
« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2009, 20:21:16 »
i say right a "no frills "  mission , pot it out ,,,,,,,,,,,, have fun making if its playable,  fun, they dont have to score a 5 o 6 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, man Aram 2 coming out yet!

Semper Fi

Offline humphrey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2009, 21:19:47 »
Ya I gotta say I agree guy these realism missions can be good but who wants to know right? You can see that s*** on the news and its totally depressing or whatever. Its a game! Time to escape from all that stuff for a little while huh.

I gotta also say that i dunno what the heck this schooler guy is talking about all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and ARAM2 and pot. Hey maybe hes stoned and dunno how to type right  :cool2:  :cool2:  :cool2:
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2009, 23:32:50 by savedbygrace »

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2009, 02:58:17 »
Hey yeah your right humphrey it's just a game. Also can we please watch how we speak against people on the forums. Exactly games are supposed to be fun.  :)
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!