Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Windowed Mode  (Read 1598 times)

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
Windowed Mode
« on: 29 Mar 2009, 11:06:20 »
I've had a brief search around here, and the official forums (which are read-only for the time being), but turned up nothing.

Prior to reinstalling ArmA, I was able to run it with the -window command-line option, and specify a resolution with -x= and -y=.  I was able to get ArmA running in a window, at 1280x1024 (my desktop resolution), showing my Windows taskbar at the bottom, and alt-tab all day long, without any issue (as opposed to full-screen mode).

Since reinstalling, no matter what command line I run with (e.g., I've tried "-window -x=1280 -y=1024", and others), the game only runs in an 800x600 window... I've read the Biki article on Startup Parameters, and I must just be missing something.  Does anyone know what I'm missing?  It's getting really frustrating, now.  Not even launching it with the options in goArma works (ruling out poor 'syntax').

Thanks in advance  :good:

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
Re: Windowed Mode
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2009, 13:33:55 »
I dont get the system myself full, yet what you need to do is this:

1) located arma.cfg - normally in .\profiles\users\WindowsStandardProfile\arma.cfg
2) modify the values in there. There a few ones. You have to check which are the right ones.

I have

Code: [Select]
Resolution_W=1280;
Resolution_H=1024;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
winX=6;
winY=34;
winW=1272;
winH=924;
winDefW=1272;
winDefH=924;

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2009, 14:09:37 »
That was it, thanks very much :good:

I wonder why the double-barrelled approach? :confused:

Offline i0n0s

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2009, 14:54:58 »
The -x and -y work only once. After you used the they will write those values shown by kju in the arma.cfg. At that point the arma.cfg will override all -x and -y parameter.
A solution is to remove the win? and make the file read only.

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2009, 15:22:37 »
Ahh, that explains it then.  Excellent, thanks  :good:  Very peculiar choice of implementation, though...