Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Squad follow you across bridge  (Read 1130 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Squad follow you across bridge
« on: 13 Mar 2009, 07:01:34 »
Hi, I'm creating this big mission, well it's a squad 8 size against a platoon, 200 men +....

But I'm in the town of dolores on Sahrani and the AI will not follow me across the bridge. Is this because they don't see the object?

How do I get them to follow me across it?

Thanks..
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: Squad follow you across bridge
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2009, 07:12:05 »
If you are using vehicles, then try Mando_Move, which you will force the vehicles to drive exactly the path you want.

If the AI is on foot, you could script it with simple loops that force a walk or run animation in a particular direction.  This is the brute force approach, and is a pure scripting solution (ok for a cutscene, or very controlled circumstances).

You could also try the Hoz's doFollowUnit script.  One unit will move to a position near the followed unit every few seconds.  If you chained this so the Player is the first unit, then unit2 follows player, unit3 follows unit2, unit4 follows unit3, and so on...maybe they would all cross the bridge (with player leading).  Not sure if it would work or not (if you are saying AI is reluctant to cross the bridge, this might not work).
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
Re: Squad follow you across bridge
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2009, 10:36:59 »
Hi, I'm creating this big mission, well it's a squad 8 size against a platoon, 200 men +....

But I'm in the town of dolores on Sahrani and the AI will not follow me across the bridge. Is this because they don't see the object?

How do I get them to follow me across it?

Thanks..

This is strange... When I play Warfare they never  have problem to follow me through the bridge, except if there are anphibious vehicles that are not in SAFE combat mode or I'm using a wide formation (like line, wedge, ecc.) because they can cross the river through the water. Have you patched the game up to the 1.14 version? If not, do it. If you have, try using a formation like COLUMN, STAG COLUMN, DELTA or COMPACT COLUMN when you're crossing the bridge.
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!