Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need help!!  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Jan

• Members
Need help!!
« on: 23 Feb 2009, 12:29:40 »
Okay i got question.How can i make a Unit speak with a voice and speak with a voice from Radio.
Then i wanted to ask how i make PAPA_BEAR: to speak not some Foxtrot black or whatever heh.. :confused:

Offline zwobot

• Members
Re: Need help!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2009, 12:58:19 »
For a normal unit to speak you need to use the say command. For radio chat you need to use groupRadio, sideRadio or globalRadio in conjunction with a sound file defined in the description.ext file
All this should be explained in this sound tutorial from the Editors Depot.

For Papa_Bear you need to use sideRadio in a special way, it is explained in the Biki. Furthermore you can have custom callsigns for any unit with the Custom Callsign Addon from Mapfact.net
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline Jan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2009, 14:24:08 »
Thx :D

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:35:43 »

FYI to help other members out when searching it would be handy of your subject title contained what you were talking about.  That way later on if someone has the same question and actually bothers to search it, the subject line will show up in their search. 

Also adding the solution if you find one helps, I tend to forget to do that sometimes and I'm one of thoe guys that runs into posts that say "I found a solution, nevermind"  and want to know what the solution was. 

Offline Jan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:53:30 »
eegore,do you know where to get soldier (civils)?

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2009, 20:10:02 »

Do you mean how to make a soldier be on the civilian side? 

What I thinbk would work is making a civilian a higher rank than the soldier, then group the two together and type into the Initialization: of the Civilian

deletevehicle this 

Or you can type:

setcaptive true 

Into the soldiers init, but he will still fire at enemies unless you "removeallweapons this" on the guy.

Offline zwobot

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2009, 22:07:14 »
Another option is to edit the side of the unit in the mission.sqm to "CIV", some people consider this a "hack" or "cheat" but in my opinion it is the most convenient way to get a unit to the side you want to. The only downside is that you cannot edit this unit in the editor again (it will be reverted to it's original side afterwards).
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline Jan

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2009, 16:35:32 »
Okay....Il try :D

Offline Flashpoint

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2009, 12:22:26 »
for PAPA_BEAR Just do the following script to your activation box:
[West,"base"] sideRadio "m07r01";