Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how to build a mp coop mission  (Read 1526 times)

Offline debrito

• Members
how to build a mp coop mission
« on: 20 Feb 2009, 22:31:34 »
hi   

i have being playing opf for years i think its the best game ever i tried the arma one ,but for me its not as good , i have recently doing my own missions (not as good as i had hoped but ok)
and was wondering how to build a co-op mission as there is nothing in mission editor  for years i gave up on trying untill i accidenly clicked on easy  ,and my life changed that day all those years for trying to build missions lol ,but thats all be hind me now i just want to get going any tips would be great   

Offline zwobot

• Members
Re: how to build a mp coop mission
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2009, 15:40:28 »
I assume you already have some experience with editing singleplayer missions (you said you used the Arma mission editor which is quite the same as the Ofp one anyway...)?

For the start there is the MP Editing tutorial by snYpir in the Editors depot.
I normally start editing coop missions in the normal editor, it is easier to place objects in the singleplayer editor because of the preview. But for the MP part you can move your mission directory to the folder "/<user>/MPMissions/<missionfolder>", then you can go to the Multiplayer screen from the Ofp main menu, start a new LAN server and select your mission like you would do as the admin of an actual MP server. Then you can either edit the mission or preview it in multiplayer mode...
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: how to build a mp coop mission
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2009, 02:38:38 »
zwbot's right, start in the normal editor build the mission up. Then move it to the MP directory. I use a dedicated server so I export the mission each time and then manually move the dedicated server.I've been doing this since OFP. Its hard sometimes to teach an old dog new tricks :D
Xbox Rocks