Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Bombing a Tanks (Solved)  (Read 2610 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
AI Bombing a Tanks (Solved)
« on: 29 Jan 2009, 06:06:34 »
Hello again, one thing I'de like to know how to do, is to get the A-10 in ArmA to fire his mavrick missiles at a tank, or tanks on the first pass and blow them up?

I have two A-10 and 4 T-72's to blow up with two A-10's, I want to simulate the A-10's move in on first pass using waypoints preferably, I'm not good with scripting and bomb the heck out of the tanks?

You know my objective?

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 07:23:47 by NightJay0044 »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: AI Bombing a Tanks
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2009, 07:42:34 »
I would go into the ED and use one of mando's scripts and or bombcam for a cut scene
Semper Fi

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2009, 10:25:13 »
If you waqnt to use Maverick then you don't need any script, you can do that just with waypoints. I can't answer your question about mando missiles since I've never used them, but I can tell you how to make them fire to those tanks. It is very simple: just make sure the two planes are in different groups (i.e. they're not connected by the group blue line), and create a DESTROY waypoint for each plane attached on all the T72 (it is better you make each plane engage 2 T72's each): to attach a waypoint to any unit just double click on it when you place it instead of double clicking the map. You will know that the waypoint is attached if you can't drag it around the map. Remember that the waypoint must be attached in order to work. I took a screenshot of the editor, so you will understand better because I know that these things can be difficult for beginners. Sorry for the Italian language but I forgot to change the language before launching ArmA, in any case "DISTRUGGERE" means "DESTROY". Also remember to place the planes far enough to make them spot the enemy and react properly selecting the maverick and firing it, and also set the unit property as "flying"

EDIT: I discover it doesn't display the waypoint names in the picture, I don't know why, in any case I think it can help you anyway
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009, 16:01:16 by Ext3rmin4tor »
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:48:44 »
Hi thanks for the help, but I believe I've already done that.  I placed the tanks in the base I wanted.  Then gave the two A10's destroy waypoints on each of the tanks.  But the A10's pass the tanks on the first pass and blow some up the second pass.

I want the A10's to blow them "All" up on the first pass.  I don't know much about scripting which is why I posed this... :)..

Also the mando script wont work for me because I only have the first version of ArmA and my budget wont allow me to get it just yet, pretty soon here though..

Any more suggestions?

P.S. This type of simulation I'm lookin for is pretty advanced probably.  It's like a movie of planes coming in fast and bombing the enemy tanks on the first pass with their missles...

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:54:19 »
Well I can add this too, set the skill low on the tanks and higher on the a-10's. or make the t-72's empty. You can also adjust the aircraft height by using the flyinheight command.
yourA10 flyInHeight 500         in the aircrafts inits, theres also the,
 yourA10 doFire tank1 command to play with to make them hit on the first pass. Just put that in a waypoint before the tanks. I would play with height, speed and waypoints to prefect it  ;)
Semper Fi

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:07:41 »
hi schuler, nope sorry didn't work. I attatched the mission for ArmA if you want to take a quick look...

I used those commands plus destroy waypoints..

Tanks still fail to blow up the T72's on the first pass.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2009, 05:04:07 »
I looked at your mission and I managed to get the 4 tanks destroyed before the A10's even got there.

In the first triggers On Activation line, I put:

A10 reveal T1; A10 reveal T2; A10 dotarget T1; A10 dofire T1; A10 dotarget T2; A10 dofire T2

Similarly for the second trigger I put:

A2 reveal T3; A2 reveal T4; A2 dotarget T3; A2 dofire T3; A2 dotarget T4; A2 dofire T4

Each tank got destoyed before the A10's overflew for the first time

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:08:57 »
Thank you very much planck, but they still fail to blow them all up. I think one plane blows up 2 tanks but the other doesn't fire at all.

Here is my updated mission from your scripting attatched below.

P.S.
When you create little code snippets like this, you sometimes have to test multiple times, because sometimes the AI will blow up some or only 1...
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 06:18:22 by NightJay0044 »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:24:30 »
I tested it multiple times, each time all tanks were destroyed.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:37:17 »
i think he just has a typo somewhere
anyways i mixed Planck and mine together (I though in some createvehilce bombs)
they dont have a chance in Hell now ;)
Semper Fi

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:44:34 »
Hurrah! they definitely got it.  Thanks a lot Planck and Schuler...finally now I can use this in my mission.. :)..

Cheers,
NightJay0044

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:53:56 »
Your welcome buddy, take a look at the way the triggers are made too. To help you in the future.
I notice you name one A-10,  A10 and the other A2, that type of thing can give you typo's later on. They should have maybe been A1 and A2

HEIGHT: 500  WEIDTH: 50
ACTIVATION: West - Present
TYPE: NONE
CONDITION: this
ON ACTIVATION: A10 reveal T1; A10 reveal T2; A10 dotarget T1; A10 dofire T1; A10 dotarget T2; A10 dofire T2
Semper Fi

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:58:16 »
ok yeah it just confuses people...man in my mission they blew the heck out of those tanks....

Ok now some more help is needed. I need to do the same thing to 4 AA soldiers to target the 2 A10's when they come in?

Because the mission will fail when the AA soldiers aren't killed first..I know if you don't script it the AA's don't target the A10's... :)