Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Game Logic Guard  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Rommel92

• Members
Game Logic Guard
« on: 28 Jan 2009, 14:16:01 »
I have a game logic with a guard waypoint, it is of the side 'EAST', however I'm not sure how it receives the orders, it appears the group its in does nothing, which sounds ... not what I'm looking for, however I feel that this is simply because they are following the group leader, and hence, are unable to move as they are 'in - formation' with it, and it isn't moving.

So if I did a "expectedDestination" on the object, would it return the position of request for help from the 'guard' waypoint?

I'd do this myself, but I don't have the time at the moment. :P

Offline i0n0s

• Former Staff
Re: Game Logic Guard
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2009, 15:03:57 »
I'm not sure how it will work with a game logic, but the "GUARD" waypoint works like this:
Where ever a unit of the same side has combat with the enemy, the guarding group will move to the position of the combat and will return to their original position after the area is clear.

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2009, 15:31:08 »
It is not right, maybe the one you're talking about is the HOLD waypoint

Quote from Biki:

Info about the waypoint itself

Guard - This waypoint works in conjunction with the 'Guarded by' trigger type, see that topic above for more details. The group will move to the waypoint's location, then wait for a point to require guarding. A guard point or object is only considered guarded if a group has been set to guard it through a Guard waypoint (any other friendly forces in the area are not considered). If there are several guard triggers, the group will move to the first placed (highest priority), unguarded trigger (or it's linked object). Once at a guard point, the group will continue to check if any higher priority guard point requires guarding, or for any enemies to engage. A group can be made to stop guarding using the setCurrentWaypoint command or a Switch trigger. Besides guarding areas marked by "Guarded by" triggers, guarding groups are also ordered to destroy any enemy units which are known to any group of the same side. See the Guarded by <side> trigger description for more details.

Info about the "Guarded by Trigger"

Guarded by (side) - The trigger's centre point will define a point to be guarded. If the trigger is group linked to an object, it will be moved to that object's initial position during mission initialization. Guarded triggers do not activate, they only define guard points. Groups who are in Guard waypoint induced guard mode will move to the first placed (highest priority) available unguarded guard point. If an enemy unit is detected by any unit on the guarding group's side anywhere on the map, the group that is guarding the lowest priority guard point will leave their guard point to attack. Note they react over any distance, even if they are not capable of damaging the detected object. Also the normal Detected by rules do not apply - an unarmed man can detect a tank for the purposes of guarding. See the Guard waypoint type for more details.

How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:13:44 »
Since none really answered the question, maybe I wasn't clear. But in any case I got it working.

GL1 is group leader of the player group. (Gamelogic1)
GL1 setPos ((expectedDestination GL1) select 0);

If the guard waypoint is activated, the group gets given a move order to the en-Loc. It pops up in the expected Destination so I can now move my game logic to guard waypoints. Allowing my script to stop its 'freeze-time' group reducing effects.

:)
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 10:19:00 by Rommel92 »