Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Putdown animation  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
Putdown animation
« on: 29 Nov 2008, 22:39:35 »
I've searched the biki for a animation that makes the unit kneel to the ground like he's putting down something (like the satchel animation in OFP or something), but the biki is virtually useless...in OFP the animation names at least explained a bit what the animation actually does easily...

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: Putdown animation
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2008, 22:57:35 »
This works for an unarmed guy doing the Inventory animation (which is kneel down to ground):

civ1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon";

This one has starts the animation with you armed with a rifle:

AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon

The wiki animation isn't too bad once you understand the pattern of their abbreviations.  All the animations with
Ainv" (for "Action Inventory") are the bend down to ammo crate animations.  "Wnon" is Weapon None.  "Wrfl" is Weapon Rifle.  And so on.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2008, 23:14:55 »
I understand the naming, it's just that it's shit compared to OFP IMO...there you simply had StandToPutDown...easy to spot...now with all these long names that look all the same it takes ages to find anything...

Anyways, something like the last animation...howeeeeeeeeever...I need the guy to stay down longer, and I need the same kind of animation for a unit starting in both kneel and prone position...

The deal is I need to simulate looking for tracks on the ground by using a action...but since the animations will be played in a script running locally, I need to use switchMove (unless someone wants to make me happy by saying that playMove now is a global command :D). So I need one action for standing, one for kneeling and one for prone...alternativly I can do with the animation for kneeling, and then a animation to go from stand to kneel and prone to kneel...

Gah...why not just make playMove global :dunno:Anyone feel like telling me it is? :whistle:

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2008, 01:19:09 »
If you look in the playMove description in the Biki you find a link to a complete table which explains what the animation name does and if it has to be used with playMove or switchMove (no entry means that you can use it with both commands).
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2008, 01:56:12 »
Again, I am fully aware of this...I have seen through the list that explains the naming of the animations, it just still sucks (IMO) compared to OFP naming :D

With OFP names you could scroll fairly fast through the animation list and find what you were looking for easily...with this thing you can not, because the names aren't made up of words, and because very few have a description... :confused:

(And just a note, all animations can be used with switchMove...some just look crap :P)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2008, 14:35:26 »
Did I get the implication right Garcia ... you are going to make a comprehensive list of all ArmA animations complete with accurate descriptions and then submit it to OFPEC for hosting?  :whistle:

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2008, 21:19:37 »
*tries to hide* :whistle:

I wish I had the time :confused: With the spare time I've got, that list would be out later than ArmA2 (even with 13 delays to the game :D).

Besides, this is what you do best, make biiiiiiiiiiiiiig list of stuff (IIRC from OFP days)...don't want to put you out of work :D ::)

I guess I'll just have to look through the animations similar to the last one johnnyboy posted...see if I come up with something a bit longer... :dry:

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 01 Dec 2008, 10:58:44 »
If I remember well there was a map which showed you every move in Arma inside the game selecting it form a windowed menu.
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #8 on: 01 Dec 2008, 14:41:19 »
You do indeed remember well - Kronzky's Animation Viewer:good:

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 02 Dec 2008, 00:05:03 »
Ahhhh...excellent :D

Guess I'll have to use this then to find the right animation.