Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need help.  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Joiner

• Members
Need help.
« on: 24 Nov 2008, 12:49:05 »
Hi everyone! I'm creating an MP mission in which BluFor will have to destroy several empty Hammers. However, there is a problem - those guys who will eliminate them will get -3 points per each destroyed hammer. Could anyone tell me how I can make those Hammers "enemy" ones so that the players get positive score points for the destroyed Hammers? Thanks in advance!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Need help.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2008, 13:42:02 »
Welcome to OFPEC  :good:

Have a look at the addRating command in the COMREF.

Offline Joiner

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2008, 14:25:47 »
Thenks  :)
I have added negative rating to those vehicles, but they do not become "enemy" ones: the player gets -3 upon destroying one of them. If I add rating to the player who destroyed it, it does not affect the score displayed in the Score Table - it is still negative.
Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I'm new to editing in Arma.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2008, 15:58:55 »
Might want to check addScore then ;)

Offline Joiner

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2008, 18:55:41 »
OK, thanks. And how is it possible to determine the player who hit the vehicle so that I can add score to him? (When playing with rating I used only one bot.)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2008, 19:26:18 »
With the 'killed' eventhandler. Assuming eventhandlers work in MP, not too sure on that one.

Offline Joiner

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2008, 20:09:21 »
Thanks a lot! Will see whether it works.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2008, 21:14:52 »
I forgot to say:

Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I'm new to editing in Arma.

There are no 'stupid' questions: everyone begins somewhere. We're here to help editors of all levels of expertise.

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2008, 00:29:33 »
what if you had a group of opfor start in vehicle and have them get out.... see if the Side switches for the HUMMER then.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline Joiner

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 2008, 19:40:54 »
Good idea, thanks! Will try it.

Quote: "There are no 'stupid' questions"
Placing enemy units in the vehicles helped, thanks a lot! Though, I came across another problem... I use an MP mission templete to create my mission. It includes a briefing template and everything that is required for an MP mission. Everything works fine, except for one thing: If a client connects during the game, he doesn't see the briefing, the game starts right after the mission is loaded. Is the clients and the server start simultaneously, the clients see the briefing. What can be wrong? I haven't found a discussion of a similar problem on this forum, and this seems to the last bug in my mission. Please help.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2008, 21:57:07 by Joiner »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2008, 04:28:00 »
What your referring to is JIP "Join in progress" of the game, and if i recall that is the way its supposed to work if you JIP. The briefing isn't shown to new clients joining. The user can just hit m and get still get the briefing.

Xbox Rocks

Offline Joiner

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2008, 07:28:22 »
Ah, I see, thanks!