Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to sign file?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
How to sign file?
« on: 19 Nov 2008, 22:41:14 »
Hello, I am currently trying to sign my addons so I can use equalMod on my server as many people are crashing server with addons there using (Not necassarily on purpose, but its just happening.).

Anyways, I have the folder, and have viewed the video on how to create the keys, though I seem not to have the SignFile.exe that Jerry uses in the video to create the .bisign files.

How can I get this?

Thanks and sry if this is wrong forum area.  :-[

SOLVED: For those of you wondering where to get the program, download the BI Tools Editing Suite Personal Edition, and watch Jerry Hopper's tut on signing addons.

THOUGH NOW: I have a strange problem as to some of files I try to sign, just dont do anything, no bisign is created and I have no idea why.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2008, 04:52:25 by DaChevs »
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline Synide

• Members
Re: How to sign file?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2008, 08:41:31 »
THOUGH NOW: I have a strange problem as to some of files I try to sign, just dont do anything, no bisign is created and I have no idea why.

Are you trying to sign an addon that was 'packed' with a community pbo tool? If so, you have to make sure the pbo prefix (virtual folder pathspec) gets created in the pbo. Otherwise, when the signing tool runs over the pbo it thinks it is malformed and doesn't create a signature.
Maybe this is the problem or maybe not

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
Re: How to sign file?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2008, 18:34:08 »
yep your right, someone else let me know this too.

I unpacked with cpbo, then repacked with cpbo then the signing worked correct.

Thanks mate.
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley