Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Menu and weapon menu change mod?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Danoffski

• Members
Menu and weapon menu change mod?
« on: 13 Nov 2008, 18:48:37 »
This is my option although I know I'm not alone many have said the same thing. That is the on screen menus should be customisable. It would have been better to leave them as they were in flash point and make the size and ways the menus work to be customisable  :scratch: the weapon menus is much worse in ArmA then in Operation Flashpoint,  :no: to tell the AI to get a weapon is a project in itself now in the game I don't know what BIS was thinking here or if they were  :blink:. Weapon lay out is also more time consuming in ArmA to even pick some object up is a clumsy process and relatively time consuming process.

1.   Very slow and dangerous transition to map or weapons screen and back, it was better in flash point why has BIS created new problems? During this time of blindness it is not uncommon to be shot.
2.   Telling the AI to get a weapon is complicated enough to be a side mission, excuse my sarcasm. As is getting a weapon out of a create you have to get in just the right position for the stupid icon to show you can enter the create menu during which time you will likely be shot anyway as you can only see this menu nothing else. This problem dose not exist in Opfp its just a simple action menu.
3.   The big obstructing target text on screen that blocks you from seeing the target is still not fixed in ArmA.

Now that I have made the argument dose any one have a mod like I described that fixes these issues?  :whistle:

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Menu and weapon menu change mod?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2008, 15:56:21 »
Look up one of the PROPER mods found here: PROPER Mods. At least some of them make changes to how the UI works, including the gear screen - it should make it less "in your face" and allow you to see things. They might also generally fix a lot of your other niggles, so please look through the list properly. :)

As to rearming your soldiers without having to make it into a "side mission", you can try VictorFarbau's VFAI mod : it makes the AI soldiers automatically rearm without you having to interfere.

Remember that using these mods on a server that does not allow their public keys and who enforces equal addons will get you kicked ;)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"