Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realistic revive script  (Read 1214 times)

Offline samsamps

• Members
Realistic revive script
« on: 14 Oct 2008, 02:50:57 »
I was curious - how difficult would it be to modify a multiplayer ai disabled revive script so that it limits revives based on how much damage your player took at the time of death? I've been looking at norrin's revive script to see how it flows and get a general grasp of it and im totally lost.

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
Re: Realistic revive script
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2008, 07:27:09 »
I've been looking at norrin's revive script to see how it flows and get a general grasp of it and im totally lost.

So am I :)  In fact, I've been told that the code's a veritable dog's breakfast by a number of people who know a lot more about coding than I do, so I am not surprised you are having trouble following it. 

Anyway, I did start rewriting the script some time ago so that the amount of time you had to be revived depended on where you were hit when you were killed (eg head compared to leg).  Also there was a small chance you would die outright when you fell unconscious - the likely hood of death occurring increased once again depending on where you were hit and the number of times you had been unconscious previously. Unfortunately this version of the script has fallen by the way side for the time being as I'm currently writing code for some other projects, however, if I get a chance I'll take another look through it tonight and see if its salvageable but I must warn you it could be sometime before I get a chance to work on this again.

EDIT: I've finished off this more realistic version of the revive you can find it on this page here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=995d1c35cbb69c86621bbc7b45e9fdf1;act=ST;f=71;t=58490;st=990;r=1;&#entry1295749
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2008, 12:56:24 by norrin »