Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Set Height  (Read 1157 times)

Offline snozzdog

• Members
Set Height
« on: 05 Oct 2008, 20:01:45 »
Heres one for you experts.

I want to place a load of sandbags around the high ground in Ortego. Even though the floor of the compound is level the ground underneath isn't.

So whenever i set the height of a sandbag and place it on a wall or something on the compound in the high ground the sandbag distorts and slopes. Is there anyway you can set the height of a sandbag but keep its level indipendant from the ground level.

If you dont understand just say, its hard to explain.

Cheers,
Snozzdog

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
Re: Set Height
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2008, 20:12:25 »
Try using setposasl in conjuction wil setvector up [0,0,1] on the sandbags.

Luke
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2008, 05:40:58 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Turk

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2008, 03:53:03 »
Hi,

There are a couple of ways to do this that I know of, one is to place this code in the INT field of the object.

Code: [Select]
This setvectorup [0,0,1];
Or you can do it via a script. General Barron over at BIS wrote a script that allows you to set the pitch and bank of objects.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=71;t=73312

The first options works pretty well, the second allows you to fine tune the objects if need be.

You might want to take a look at the RTE if you are placing lots of objects, The Real Time Editor can save you hours of work when it comes to placing objects and units, although you still have to level objects manually by inserting the setvectorup command in the INT of the object, well at least I think you do, I've not yet seen an option to level objects in the RTE, but I may have missed it. Never the less, still worth its weight in gold. The RTE can be found here at OFPEC

Turk.

Offline snozzdog

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2008, 10:23:49 »
This setvectorup [0,0,1]; worked a treat, cheers guys i didnt think this would be possible