Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Group Spawn SCript  (Read 1263 times)

Offline X75TIGER75X

• Members
Group Spawn SCript
« on: 02 Oct 2008, 19:13:23 »
Hi people,
I was middle of making my custom mission on Arma Armed Assault. I was making cool mission with zombies using Yomies. I put zombies all over the Corazol. I liked yomies because it has spawns and it does not cause much lag using spawns. But when I tried to set wandering squads of soldiers in the map. (without spawns because I dont know how) It lags badly. I searched interent for easy spawn, I can't find easy ones as yomie's spawns. I'm hoping for great scripter could script a command for me.

What I need

1st Division Soldier (addon) as realistic squad (Fireteam Leader, Riflemen, machinegunners, etc)
(optional) Randomizable load outs would be nice so everytime you see soldiers, their gears are different.
When you enter the area, they spawn like Yomies zombies addon.
But make AI do "Search and Destroy" the area they spawned in and maybe wander around little bit.
Yomies compatible - make sure its not conflicting Yomies's script.
(optional) make them spawn as Humvee sometimes like chance.

I can't think of anything more.

If there's script, give me link and I'll try it.

Thanks!

X75TIGER75X

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
Re: Group Spawn SCript
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2008, 01:39:16 »
there is no script needed. All you need is a file named Description.ext

Description.ext
Code: [Select]
respawn = "Group";
respawnDelay = 0;

also, the yomies spawn from a trigger.
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline X75TIGER75X

• Members
Re: Group Spawn SCript
« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2008, 05:53:03 »
there is no script needed. All you need is a file named Description.ext

Description.ext
Code: [Select]
respawn = "Group";
respawnDelay = 0;

also, the yomies spawn from a trigger.

I'm little confused with this description.ext

"group" string is name of leader of group and how do you describe its location of spawning?

Wait, I think you don't really understand my explaining. I'll try my best explaining.

I just want an area, could be trigger or marker and an unit (with conditions such as player, East, West, Racs, Civilians, and specified name, etc. would be nice) enters it, an area spawns a copy of existing group in the area.
For an example I made group 3 rifleman, 1 fire team leader, 1 Squad Leader, and 2 machine gunners and hidden from map. So every time any specified unit enters the area that its job is spawn a create full copy of group and move them in the area AND order them to 'search and destroy'. around the _ meters diameter of area.

P.S. NO player or playables in THAT group, fully AI.

I hope you understand this part.

And I guess Yomies' script work that way too except they used markers and they come in with customizable options such as [60,'C','R','INFINITE'] 60 means amount of zombies, C means Civilian, R means Resistance, and INFINITE means there's no limit of respawns but only spawn when player reenters the marker.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2008, 05:57:17 by X75TIGER75X »