Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Lesson 4 - Making your first heli" Out tomorrow, BUT need some help first!  (Read 1286 times)

brsseb

Hi

My lesson 4 is 99% done and will most likely be released tomorrow, but I have some problems:

#1: When the pilot is in the model and the passenger tries to enter, if he bumps, just a little, into the side of the heli it is trown to the side. So the soldier can play football with it untill it explode. Only possible when there is a pilot inside already.

#2: To make the configfile a bit simpler, Ive inherited the UH60 class and just changed the most needed attributes. But when taking off, the heli takes to the skies BEFORE the rotor is changed from static model to the blurred texture. Is there a  setting in the configfile that dealt with how long the transition from static rotor to blur, or does it have to do with my model beeing lighter than the heavychopper UH60?

#3: I have a fixes stabilizator on the heli model but most heliaddons have a vertex named "osa vejskovky" in the Memory LOD. Is this needed for a small chopper or only for those with a movable horizontal stabilizator?.

#4: In memoy LOD, the vertex called "zamerny" (line of sight), what does that one really do? Didnt include it in my tut so far because I dont know what it does.

brsseb

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
1) I'd say check the geo lod to make sure it's all convexed and componented, also the proxies for the pilots can be corrupted by the convex function so just check that when you select the proxy from the list the whole proxy is selected, not just it's points.
also check that your land contacts are centered and balanced.

2) untested but you may want to look at the following
mainRotorSpeed = 1.0;
backRotorSpeed = 1.5

3) can't hurt to include it.

4) as for 3, can't hurt to include it.

SelectThis

brsseb

1) I'd say check the geo lod to make sure it's all convexed and componented, also the proxies for the pilots can be corrupted by the convex function so just check that when you select the proxy from the list the whole proxy is selected, not just it's points.
also check that your land contacts are centered and balanced.

2) untested but you may want to look at the following
mainRotorSpeed = 1.0;
backRotorSpeed = 1.5

3) can't hurt to include it.

4) as for 3, can't hurt to include it.

SelectThis

Ok, Q2,3 and 4 are ok. Included the ones for 3 and 4 and by increasing the wheight of the model from 500kg to 1500kg the takeoff looked better.

But for Q1 Im not sure how to use that Convex function. Have selections for all my Geo structures and the functions had no effect on that LOD. For the main LOD It found some faces, but what do I do with these "bad" faces? Save them, fix them in a way?

The LandContacts vertrices are perfectly balanced and all on the same plane, so its not that one.