Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how can i sell magazines in spon  (Read 1224 times)

Offline D007

• Members
how can i sell magazines in spon
« on: 17 Sep 2008, 21:56:38 »
I can sell everything else..
but for the life of me can't seem to see how to get mags put in here..

anyone run into this issue, maybe have a fix?
thanks a bunch. :)
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2008, 22:25:17 by D007 »

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
Re: how can i sell magazines in spon
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2008, 04:24:16 »
greetings,

yup.. i have also asked spooner to address this (as well as some other things) with the next spon money update. he has told me several times there are several projects he is working on and money isn't one of them at the moment.  :(

but i know what you mean... i have a mission that is dependent on spon money... that will have to wait until it is finished.. or i learn how to do it myself.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2008, 04:25:48 by loki72 »

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2008, 07:39:49 »
I believe you have to define a parameter to allow the shop to sell stuff.

It stats this i the readme.
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2008, 12:49:34 »
I intentionally disabled selling of magazines in SPON Money (you can still sell one-shot "magazines" like grenades). You absolutely can't tell how many rounds you have in a given magazine, so at best, you could assume that it had only one round in the magazine and thus sell it for buttons (e.g. 1/30 the price for a 30 round magazine, modified further by the resale markdown). I didn't enable selling for this meagre sum, since I knew people would just complain about that instead! I did overlook the problem with this, which is that you can't easily get rid of your old magazines when you upgrade to a new gun; you probably end up just dumping them all at the feet of the shop worker!

And no, the ammo command doesn't help since it only gives you the amount of ammo loaded into the weapon. If your gun isn't loaded, you wouldn't even know the number of rounds in any of your magazines. Of course, if you have more than one magazine type that could be loaded into the weapon (ball and SD, for example), you have no way of knowing which is actually loaded!

As Loki said, SPON Money is very much on a back burner. I'm concentrating on other projects and am already overburdened with trying to update them as it is. Yes, when it is finally updated, I will allow selling of magazines, always assuming that only one round remained, just to allow you to dump them out of your inventory, rather than to allow you to recoup the true value.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)