Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Falklands Mod Progress  (Read 83901 times)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Re:Falklands Mod Progress
« Reply #45 on: 19 Nov 2002, 02:23:22 »
 ;D

Dkraver

« Reply #46 on: 19 Nov 2002, 02:46:29 »

Nice looking pictures, but the barrel on your own SLR (Lower Picture) looks a little big compared to the BIS FN-Fal (Upper Picture) . I also looked at some pictures of it and it doesnt look that big. Could be the way the screenshot are taken. Maybe you could take a screenshot of yours and the BIS one on the ground one above the other so we can see how they look compared??
3 Pictures from your site showing your SLR
http://www.shauntbarry.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/flashpoint/marine_newl1a1.jpg
http://www.shauntbarry.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/flashpoint/marine_newl1a1wood.jpg
http://www.shauntbarry.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/flashpoint/marine_newl1a1scope.jpg
2 RL pictures of the SLR
http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/fal/fall1a13.jpg
http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/fal/fall1a14.jpg
Looking forward to playing with your mod.
Keep up the good work

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #47 on: 19 Nov 2002, 05:36:11 »
Ash m8 I saw the new pictures here and on your site I take my words back your a not lazy but you are a hard worker m8 ;D
Very impresive m8 from the screenshots loooks very good ;)

viper172

« Reply #48 on: 19 Nov 2002, 06:43:10 »
tears dropping so beautifull sniff can't wait for release ;)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #49 on: 19 Nov 2002, 10:35:48 »
thanx for the feedback guys glad u like em, bear in mind these are not the final product, the SLR does seem a little long in the barrel, but just remeber the BIS model aint that great, eitherway im sure it can be shortend a bit ;D

MadGav

« Reply #50 on: 20 Nov 2002, 01:25:55 »
Looks good KevBaz, but most of the guns look a bit over scale, especially the new SLR in the side-on shot. The length of the real thing is about 3'9", whereas in the shot it looks more like 5'6"! (taking the solider to be 5'10" tall) FYI some other sizes I have to hand: L7A2 4'1", Bren L4 3'9", M79 2'5", Sterling L34A1 (silenced) 66/86.4cm, Sterling L2A3 48.3/69cm. I know that the standard BIS weapons are overlarge but given you're doing a complete replacement set there's the chance to fix it ;)

One  other thing, the bergen is sitting too high, the top should be about the top of your head and the bottom sits just above your arse.

Hope this is useful!

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 20 Nov 2002, 09:51:26 »
Thanx for the comments, the new SLR is still being worked on and one ting being sorted is the size of it, so dont worry its gonna be a bit smaller, as for the bergen, when the guy stands up straight the bottom is closer to his arse, even so all these pics r still work in progress ;D

There will be an update on the sea king soon aswell, there will be 4 different colour scemes for it, at the moment as you can see it has ne textures but thats being worked on now ;D

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #52 on: 20 Nov 2002, 11:46:24 »
Looking very good  - the DPM looks to be right shade for the era.

If that is an IWS on the soldier to the left of bergen monster, wow  :o - are you intending to implement it as only available when looking through the scope?

Constructive - does look a bit 'big' for the rifle and (memory time) does the mount hold it too high - i never fitted one to a SLR but most of the mounts i have used fit the sight so it is close to the weapon at its 'biggest' part.

PM me if you want to talk about the sight picture

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #53 on: 20 Nov 2002, 13:05:24 »
Yup is the starlight scope, we have alot of detailed info on it and we are going to be trying to get the NV working, itll have to work via a script but we are not at that stage yet as its still really getting made.

NZ-PsychoKiwi

« Reply #54 on: 20 Nov 2002, 23:26:38 »
Ok like kevbaz said these are still wip  ;D

And most of it is being sorted.

Even if u go by the right scale of the gun, it does not always come out as the desired length u want it to be, as the scale that bis uses seems to be a bit off.

One  other thing, the bergen is sitting too high, the top should be about the top of your head and the bottom sits just above your arse.

Not all bergens are leveled to the guys head, i have pictures of the soldiers carrying them  in the falklands and some of the bergens go past the top of there head, depending on how the each soldier packs his own bergen  :)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #55 on: 22 Nov 2002, 16:53:05 »
The guns as stated are work in progress, and as expected they are gonna be slightly rescaled, the fine tuning will begin shortly

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #56 on: 24 Nov 2002, 22:27:34 »
i nice piccy for ya

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #57 on: 25 Nov 2002, 17:47:51 »
Where are the ships from Kev?

Offline KevBaz