Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [Co-op mp/sp 1-16] Opfor strikes again Beta v1.0  (Read 5691 times)

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
[Co-op mp/sp 1-16] Opfor strikes again Beta v1.0
« on: 01 Sep 2008, 21:57:04 »
Mission name: Opfor Strikes Again
Mission type: multiplayer Coop
Players:16
Size: 750 kb
Version: Beta v1.0
Author: Dragon
patch 1.14
Required addons: QG Lfe (low fly editor update) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=953 Map Eu http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3727
Language: english

all is explained in the briefing, you may pick your weapon to start with and pilot or drive any vehicle this has all been changed around now on saralite, 4 towns only.

Installation: Copy the file " opfor strikes again.pbo " into the "ArmA\MPmissions" folder.

scripts:   
Dacs script (dynamic ai creator) by silola great bit of script can make making a mission easy and faster.
mando hitch script by mandoble
Ammo Box filler by armatec

Special thanks:
Special Thanks to Hoz For helping me get this mission playable if you get what i mean great help man Thanks a lot, Loki For helping me get rid of the annoying little screen which shows up in the dacs script and spooner for my trigger troubles.

Thanks Dragon
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2008, 23:05:29 by B2KDragon »

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [Co-op mp 1-8] taking the island (again)
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2008, 23:07:45 »
Quick comment. Why is the file named 12345.pbo    :scratch:
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2008, 23:18:01 »
i havent got round to naming it properly yet taking the island isnt its real name either i dont know what to call it yet anyone who wishes to post a suggestion is a very good friend  ??? at least i know i can leave this mission in safe hands with you cheetah becouse ive helped you test out a few missions and you have a very keen eye   :good:

ok could some one please contact mandoble and ask him if it is alright for me to use his hitch script on my mission or has he allowed it to be used i am so confused  :weeping:
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2008, 00:38:39 by B2KDragon »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2008, 02:59:47 »
I'm positive that mandoble doesn't care if you use his scripts. Thats why he released them so everyone can enjoy the fruits of his labor.

I'm trying out the mission now but already dislike the name of the mission, why not just name it Take the island for now.

Ok I tried it out and it won't even load for me. There are a massive amount of errors in the server rpt. file. Everything from missing ;  to missing string table entries.

Not sure whats causing it not load on my server but I would start with the server rpt file.

Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2008, 11:43:30 »
Ok i have no idea whts going on here there r no server files or string files in this mission yet so god knows whts happened anyone who would like to help me solve this problum feel free to open up the file and fix it if you can please inform me first of cource

Sry Dragon

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 02 Sep 2008, 14:36:57 »
It could be its not loading because I don't have an addon or something. I'll look closer today.

I decompiled the mission and you have a required addons for "DC3_DBE1"  which is a QG addon. So you need to update your first post that the mission requires QG.

I don't have QG installed right now. sorry...
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2008, 16:56:53 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2008, 17:28:07 »
so sorry about that man i was half asleep when i finished up last night must of forgoten that i put that in my bad

Sry and thanks again Dragon

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2008, 17:36:20 »
Maybe consider a non QG version, since your just using the airplane its a pain to install qg and then install it on the server.
Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2008, 17:41:54 »
no prob but one question but do you need any other scripts like the string table to run this mission on a dedicated  :scratch:

Dragon

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2008, 17:54:44 »
The stringtable and scripts should be packaged in the pbo when you save to MP missions.
Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #10 on: 03 Sep 2008, 17:58:11 »
prob is i dont know how to make a stringtable or anything else 

OK liston up i have redone a lot of stuff i took 3 hours lloking through all the scripts in there and i couldnt find any probs if there are well its not my scripts as i have none i only use premade onesso if there is a problum and its not to do middion wise talk to the makers of the scripts oh and there is no QG anymore
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2008, 21:21:46 by B2KDragon »

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #12 on: 04 Sep 2008, 00:05:58 »
Thanks man still i have updated the bace there are tents you spawn in now and ammo and weps in the tentsplenty of vehicles to use as you see fit and just have a good time but please do not report problums to me unless they are about the mission i cannot advance this thing to version 1 unless i get a review of its MISSION faults and wht is good about it

Dragon
The kindest guy around  :P

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 04 Sep 2008, 04:38:54 »
Ok gave this mission ago...

Intro

No intro, I would suggest adding one to hide the dac startup.

Briefing

No picture in the briefing... I would add one.
The paragraph is one run on sentence, no punctuation or stopping, it just goes on and on till the end. :)

Your inconsistent with the capitalization of each objective, each first word should be capitalized.

Some typoes...
suplies = supplies
bace = base
surplies = supplies
sahrani = Sahrani

The notes section doesn't look complete yet so I won't comment just yet.

Mission

Well there are no markers, and the information in the briefing is a bit weak. You need to let the player know what he has to do. 
I tripped over to the northern part of sahrani as it was the only blue I saw on the map. So I didn't run into anyone and was instantly bored.

Consider giving the human players WPs in the editor so the player has some idea of where to go.

Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #14 on: 04 Sep 2008, 17:32:17 »
Right at last some reviews now i can start making this better thanks hoz ill get that done as soon as possible maybe even add a fast travel script or something what do you think of cource that will be in like version 1.1 or something ill get all that done as soon as i can, plus can i have an intro making tutorial please  :P

it may help undo the boredom if you played with at least 4 ppl thats what this mission is for players  :yes:

Dragon

ps at version .90 it will be a alpha test then v.99 beta and v1.0 will be offical releace

:dunno:
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2008, 18:10:49 by B2KDragon »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: 04 Sep 2008, 18:34:44 »
plus can i have an intro making tutorial please

Try the ED...

it may help undo the boredom if you played with at least 4 ppl thats what this mission is for players

I don't believe this is the case. Its a case of simply not knowing what I'm supposed to do. Consider linking the objectives with markers. Consider giving the leader a series of wps. Are you suppose to just fly around sahrani looking for the action?

ps at version .90 it will be a alpha test then v.99 beta and v1.0 will be offical releace

I'm not going to try and knock your development methodology but I would not concern my self with version numbers. It should be ready when your happy with it & bug free so its enjoyable by all. In its current state it would score fairly low in the review process.

Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #16 on: 04 Sep 2008, 18:48:50 »
what the hell is "ED" is that the editor well if so i never could get my head round the intro version of it

plus linking the objectives is way over my head at the moment ive got a editor manual somewere on my comp ill have to look for it
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2008, 18:50:54 by B2KDragon »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 04 Sep 2008, 18:55:11 »
Linking to Markers

Checkout this list of tutorials in the ED (Editors Depot) 

edit:

And maybe try Ironmans Delta Post mission to see what I mean by running a camera script at the beginning of the missions. I tried it last night so its fresh in my memory banks :)
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2008, 18:57:46 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #18 on: 04 Sep 2008, 20:09:21 »
That linking to markers makes absoultely no sence at all to me  :dunno:
sry but really is there a one for using in arma edit or not cos thats the only way i can do it

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 04 Sep 2008, 20:25:32 »
In ArmA edit... you highlight the word you want link to...  then over on the far right where it says marker name put the marker name how you named it in the Map Editor.

It will create some text like this...

Code: [Select]
You are going to head south and <a href = "marker:tada">Kill This Guy</a>
Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #20 on: 04 Sep 2008, 20:32:38 »
ah opps i forgot to put the map marker in first  :whistle: right ive got it linked i think but what do i do, now rly this should be posted in another topic i surpose but what the hell the faster i get this done the better

I have now posted the new version in the first post please enjoy a review is optional as an intro will feature in the next version which i hope will come soon if i can get my head round this stuff
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2008, 16:17:16 by B2KDragon »

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
[Co-op mp 1-16] Opfor strikes again Beta Ready
« Reply #21 on: 06 Sep 2008, 13:26:44 »
Mission name: Opfor Strikes Again
Mission type: multiplayer Coop
Players:16
Size: 935 kb
Version: Beta v.90
Author: Dragon
patch 1.14
Required addons: none
Language: english

all is explained in the briefing, you may pick your weapon to start with and pilot or drive any vehicle.

Installation: Copy the file " opfor strikes again.pbo " into the "ArmA\MPmissions" folder.

scripts:  
Dacs script (dynamic ai creator) by silola great bit of script can make making a mission easy and faster.
mando hitch script by mandoble
Ammo Box filler by armatec

Special thanks:
Special Thanks to Hoz For helping me get this mission playable if you get what i mean great help man Thanks a lot, Loki For helping me get rid of the annoying little screen which shows up in the dacs script and spooner for my trigger troubles.

Thanks Dragon

Edit: attached mission (Opfor_Strikes_Again.Sara.rar) lost in the crash of 2009; superceded by version 1.0 in first post - WEK
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2011, 23:07:04 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
Re: [Co-op mp 1-16] Opfor strikes again Beta Ready
« Reply #22 on: 06 Sep 2008, 18:22:18 »
greetings,

in the DAC_Config_Creator.sqf file.. in the DAC\ directory.

line 31: where its says:
DAC_Com_Values      = [1,2,0]

change it to:         
DAC_Com_Values      = [0,0,0]

and

line 36:
DAC_Marker         = 2
to
DAC_Marker         = 0

thats it.. all the debugging is off... of course it says this on page 22 of the DAC readme... :P

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #23 on: 06 Sep 2008, 18:26:54 »
Thanks man rly funny ill remeber tht next time to look in a readme    :whistle:

Ok new version is up now may i please have it beta tested plz plz plz

Dragon
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2008, 18:53:46 by B2KDragon »

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 08 Sep 2008, 22:26:21 »
Came across a few things when playing this one on my own.

1. There is lag due to the large amount of vehicles on the island. As this is max. 16 players, I suggest that you don't place vehicles for 200 people. Maybe have them respawn, but please don't have like 10vehicles, tanks, helicopters and aircraft as those will contribute to the lag and especially desync.

2. Game crashed in Materado for unknown reason. I hit alt-tab and it crashed to desktop, not sure what happens?

That's when I lacked the motivation to restart it.

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #25 on: 09 Sep 2008, 00:20:40 »
ok sry about tht ill get tht sorted dun o about the crash though  ???  as i say this is best played in a team sry but thts wht its for   :blink:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 16 Sep 2008, 02:46:55 »
Couple of things. Always update your first post with the new mission version and really consider using version numbers in the zip name. Secondly in one post you say you require qg and in another its not listed.

Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #27 on: 17 Sep 2008, 21:14:29 »
Ok this is my first mission EVER so im sry if i got some things wrong but i belive that now with this new version it is ready for the world to kick the s*** out of it cos it needs to be so if there are bugs i can get rid of them

Dragon