Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: help, small changes in WF  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Vaikless

• Members
help, small changes in WF
« on: 28 Aug 2008, 16:21:09 »
I was wondering if it is possible to change the warfare scripts so that when a player gets killed he loses all his money -or maybe 80% of his money-.

would be great   

I don't like the battlefield-ish attitude of the warfare games where dying is no real harm except you have to drive all the way to the fight again.

And I think that Fasttime is a little to fast with 1h = 24h  but I can't find the file to change it.  (4h = 24std would be great)

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
Re: help, small changes in WF
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2008, 22:55:45 »
i do not know how to do that script but i am looking to try and help you find the warfare fastime script if you do please let me know i will let you know if i find something

Offline Vaikless

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2008, 11:45:15 »
I only found the Server_UpdateTime.sqs and the clinet version of this

currentTime = DayTime
PublicVariable "currentTime"

;Prevent choppy clouds with fast time.
if (fastTime) then {0 setOvercast 0};

#Update
~1
   if (!fastTime) then {Goto "Update"};

;1 hour = 24 hours.
   SkipTime FASTTIMERATE
   currentTime = DayTime
   PublicVariable "currentTime"

Goto "Update"

But this can't be it...  here fasttime is just a variable an not defined I think..

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2008, 02:01:22 »
Is there any script named something like onplayerkilled or respawn. You would want to find a script that checks when the unit dies along them lines, and anything to do with respawning - when the player goes to respawn you will want to remove the money then.

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2008, 22:43:31 »
ok its a bit late i know but here goes tht script was stering me in the face the whole time which is quite ironic cos it's a very used script

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\Capt%20Dragon\missions\BMGWarfare_Sakakah_Al_Jawf_v1.3A.Sakakah\Common\Init

thts were it is, it is the main init file for the commons and the bit you are looking for is

;1 hour of play time = 24 hours of world time.
FASTTIMERATE = 0.00666

its about the 30 line down

Hope this helps Dragon