Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI garrison buildings in Warfare  (Read 1400 times)

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
AI garrison buildings in Warfare
« on: 06 Aug 2008, 03:48:30 »
My Warfare mod is coming along nicely. The only thing I really can use is the AI ability to garrison buildings, scan horizon and if enemy is detected to about 350m to shoot at them, else if enemy is not detected to move to next objective. Can someone help me figure out how to implement this to Warfare?

:edit:

I found this mod ArmA_GroupLink_II that says it has what I'm looking for, except the directions don't make it clear for multiplayer use. When I create a sample mission I am able to get the mod working, but not in Warfare.  :confused:
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2008, 11:58:37 by CrazyAce »

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: AI garrison buildings in Warfare
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2008, 20:45:16 »
If you are using SNKMan's GL2 ArmA conversion, you use it the same in MP as for SP, only you have to provide an array of all possible player units. Check the docs to see where to do this.
urp!

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2008, 21:24:47 »
lol thanx Peanut, I have looked over that document several times and I can't figure out what he means from the INITIALIZE OF THE ARMA GROUP LINK II PLUS! SCRIPT: section down to the end of the page. I have done the rest, just the rest I dont understand. :confused:

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2008, 17:26:53 »
[[groups],[static_groups],[no_vehicle_groups],target_group,max_AI_groups,courage]exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"

Example: [[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge4,ge5],[ge1,ge2],[ge3,ge4],gw1,2,0.20] exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"
This part?
urp!

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2008, 20:35:18 »
Ok I got ya, took me a while to figure it out. Now it looks like I installed the mod correctly and established the groups, but now in Warfare the AI just stand around waiting for nothing, I mean a few of them will run from one side of the base perimeter to the other, but that's it. The rest of the 14 AI players+ their squad members just stand around... ???

The RACS also didn't seem to change... So I got rid of that mod and all traces of it In my Warfare mission, except it looks like it stuck for some odd reason. Good thing I had a backup which I reverted to.

So I had a quick chat with Solus about how he got his AI to garrison buildings in the SLX mod on the BI forums. What he said was:
Quote from: Solus
The building garrison script is in SLX_GL3.pbo and should not be too hard to separate and use in a mission, make sure to search through and find any dependencies for other files though, it might need the SLX find cover function so you might also have to take the SLX_FindCover addon and move the parts into your mission. You might be able to remove the need for the find cover parts depending on you are going to use the garrison script.

The only hard part is dissecting these mods and determine what to put where. A straight mod folder install doesn't work... heh I tried that already.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2008, 20:38:30 by CrazyAce »