Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dynamic Respawn Delay  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Carroll

• Members
  • Mission Designer (MP-"well tryin to capiche"
Dynamic Respawn Delay
« on: 11 Jul 2008, 13:01:01 »
Hi, I am wanting to be able to respawn the East side in a single player mission as i would in Multiplayer by adding a marker named 'respawn_east'. I'm quessing that there is a difference between MP AI respawns & SP AI respawns.  ???

I want to respawn an entire non playable AI side using a respawn delay of x amount of seconds during a single player mission. Must i call a respawn script from the INIT line of every unit of this side? or is their an easier/less time consuming way?

btw, i know nuthin of Single Player AI Respawning, or at least havent tried to until now
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2008, 10:28:54 by Carroll »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Dynamic Respawn Delay
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:15:29 »
It is the same as respawning non playable AI for MP, you just need to create the groups and the units using scripting commands. Why do you think it is going to be time-consuming?

Offline Carroll

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2008, 10:42:55 »
Well i have a series of triggers one at 500m, next at 450m , 400m , etc, down to 50m (which is centered on the enemy base). I want to change the respawn delay time at every trigger, therefore rewarding the attacking side (my squad), by increasing the time until respawn of the defending AI.

My respawn delay time is defined in the Desc. File. (using Toadlifes weapons_respawn script). I'm unsure how to change values in the Desc. File mid game, & guess i was hoping that someone may be able to give me some advice from experience before i start stabbing blindly in the dark....

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2008, 12:46:17 »
Well, I have no idea about Toadlifes weapons_respawn script, might be someone that has used it can provide any help there. I suppose you always have the option to create your own spawn scripts using a global set by these triggers to define time between respawns.

Offline Carroll

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2008, 14:14:48 »
Well i was hoping not to rely on Toadlifes weapons_respawn script, as i'd much rather try to build a script up from scratch myself, just i didn't know i could make a variable respawn delay time...thanks for you help, i'll see what i can come up with....