Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Complete) [SP] First Response by schuler  (Read 12613 times)

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: [SP] First Response by schuler
« Reply #30 on: 15 Feb 2009, 04:21:51 »
@ johnnyboy you remembered flagellum  :clap:
@ SBG BTW, How do i open this PBO of yours?
I will never tell! hehe send me a PM if you cant open it. and i will tell you how.

oh and @ johnnyboy  :banned:    ;)
Semper Fi

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #31 on: 15 Feb 2009, 15:45:40 »
His PBO can be opened quite easily by using Mikeros Eliteness, which will open any PBO from, OFP or ArmA.

Available from the Editors Depot in unlimited quantities.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #32 on: 16 Feb 2009, 05:27:13 »
Ha,ha, thanks Planck.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #33 on: 17 Feb 2009, 07:52:08 »
oh Planck you gave it away!
the progy i use its Kegetys. just right click the file you want to open or pack and see the drop down menu for extractions or to pbo a file
Semper Fi

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #34 on: 27 Feb 2009, 00:38:19 »
you can only select gear for yourself. I found it odd to have that much gear selection at my disposal and not be able to assign it to my units.

The gear is only for the fun of the player, but you can arm you men when they board the Stryker. (And the whistling is just for fun) thanks for pointing out the error so JBoy could fix it.

v0.96
minepack script updated by JBoy
fixed typos
fixed intro and outro
fixed overview pic
ajusted IEDs to go off more random with timer
fixed radio disapearing on savegames
made game easer by deleting some RPGs
added Game Tips

Game Tips:

Arm your men when you have them board the Stryker.
This mission was not really made for the newbie, but can build a newbie some good skills and practice.
When your men board the Stryker arm them.
Move the Stryker like a real team would, slowly most of the time.
Have AT soldiers and a few riflemen outside the Stryker for defense normally 2 ATs protect the APC real life warfare. So arm at lest one more man with an AT.
If you get KO'd move slow, pause or try a different route, the AI is randomly hunting for you.
Use your zoom keypad, + to target. I have modified mine to shift + S.
All RPG enemy soldiers only have 1 round to fire as real life.
Move from gunner to driver, and driver to gunner. Just to have fun. (works)
Use the CAS when it's safe to do so. It has a cut scene and an extra objective.
As gunner you are the commander just like the tanks, but also the gunmen.

cheers to Johnnyboy and Worldeater  ;)

edit up for review
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 01:40:55 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Re: [SP] First Response by schuler(review pls)
« Reply #35 on: 27 Feb 2009, 02:54:40 »
Unless someone has already claimed it mentally.....I'll take this for review.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #36 on: 27 Feb 2009, 02:56:37 »
it's all your Grace. Ensure it's confirmed with Schuler.   :)
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #37 on: 27 Feb 2009, 11:06:01 »
no way.... not the boss,,,, sh$t,...... take it NJay :yes:
 ;) joking
as Grace will till you first come first "severed" <hehe good luck SBG  hope your mentally applicant able  :D
any probs let me know!
@Njay any reviews that come up are open for anyone that sees it first :) so its like "smoke um if ya got um"
@SBG i might ad a different promo for a pic, if thats ok! (rather then the overview pic)

note to all
 this subject is still open for bugs and comments as all are reviews in progress are
special thanks to JBoy for knowing how to blow things up  :cool2:
Semper Fi

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #38 on: 28 Mar 2009, 23:45:15 »
updated to what should become the final. any feedback would be nice  :)
Semper Fi

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 05 May 2009, 00:05:34 »
Okay, played the latest of this one today...
Overview
Pic and text are great.
Intro
Good scene of ruthless killing and unprofessional shooting,(rpg guy nearly took off his buddy's shead) :D
Briefing
No link for the second safehouse? Just wondering if you meant for it to be a mystery.
Mission
Not much changed here. The support heli scene has changed. I was actually sitting at the intersection when a lgb went of at it and then the chopper went down. The camera stayed focus on the descending chopper just a bit long I think, I could see the chopper touch down, the pilot get out and then get clipped by the still whirling bird. Other than that, it worked great!
The repair team worked great.
None of the barrels exploded like they did before...did you intend this?
I still think a wood stove in the middle of the road is a little out of place and should be replaced with a car?
The smaller safehouse objective was taken out first by me.....it displayed that it was destroyed, I went on about my business with the rest of the business and discovered later that the objective was not ticked. I returned to it and destroyed the ural there and the message displayed again and the obj finally ticked off.
I love the amount of cars that are parked throughout the city on the side of the road...it induces fear.
I had that last loon problem. I scoured the city for nearly 30 minutes trying to find the cause of the first objective not being ticked off but ended up returning to base. Which I had never did before and it worked great too!
SO the mission played beginning to end with no problem but you may want to reinsert that text that orders the player to RTB when they feel they have eliminated all of the insurgents or round them up and send them to the players position for a last second kill fest. Searching door to door for the tedious last loon is boring just to tick off the last objective.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #40 on: 05 May 2009, 03:15:04 »
No link for the second safehouse? Just wondering if you meant for it to be a mystery.
no link just a ? marker, and this will not effect the last loon prob if gamers forget about the marker
i geuss the last loon in on the stairs with 2 others on the east side by a parked UAZ
chopper touch down, the pilot get out and then get clipped by the still whirling bird
only one of the crew survives.
None of the barrels exploded like they did before...did you intend this?
its random in the script by Johnyboy just like the (Good scene of ruthless killing and unprofessional shooting,(rpg guy nearly took off his buddy's shead)) i have see them shoot themselves before, they had no regard for life, not even their own! ;)

let me have some more work on that last loon prob
thanks for the post. maybe i can get some more beta test after an updated mission here

edit 7/5/09

final:
shortened helo cutscene
Fixed timing on explosives changed and added some more, for ambiance
Fixed BMP waypoints
Added to repair script
Fixed small safe house triggers and green tick
Plus other insignificant minor changes and places of units for timing
Fixed last loon prob, I put I guy on a tower and forgot to check his pos. I think he was behind a wall on the ground, so I just deleted him.

« Last Edit: 07 May 2009, 11:54:52 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: [SP] First Response by schuler(Under Review)
« Reply #41 on: 22 May 2009, 09:00:53 »
Needed, beta testers to test ‘exploding barrel script'. At the intro they can be seen flying though the air. Also at the beginning of the mission a barrel is place behind the player by a police 4x4 truck. See if it explodes for you. Post this and any other comments on the mission please.
Note that at the small safe house (marked by an ? on the southern part of the map) there is a group of barrels to explode there too by the Ural. Note : Throughout the mission there are barrels but not all contain the script to explode.
Your help is much appreciated. Cheers schuler
Semper Fi