Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New group after drop off (newb)  (Read 856 times)

Offline gorrilaz

• Members
New group after drop off (newb)
« on: 04 Jul 2008, 21:51:43 »
Hi,

Im kindda new to the script tool in ARMA and i now has begun work on my own single mission.
Now i want a MH6 to drop off me and another group, inside a town. I have made so far that the choppe is landing and putting of me and my team,
but the chopper remain in command of the group. If i choose Player to be in command with a higher rank then i have to give orders to the chopper all the time when moving over a waypoint to go to the next waypoint.

So how do i get the MH6 to fly itself with me ass a passagner and at the same time me as a commander of the group but not the chopper?

- thanks

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: New group after drop off (newb)
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2008, 23:29:54 »
Two options really. Either:
* When sorted, kick the helo pilot out of the group:
Code: [Select]
(driver helo) join grpNull
You'd then also have to give the pilot more movement orders, without being able to set them in the editor (since the pilot starts in the player's group). Probably not a good plan overall and plenty of ways to go messy.

* Rather than starting with all players and the pilot in the same group, have them in different groups, but then you'll need to move the soldiers into the helo manually, rather than just by setting "In Cargo" in the drop-down list, since they are no longer grouped with the helo:
Code: (soldier init fields) [Select]
this moveInCargo helo

helo waypoints 1) "Transport Unload" where you want dropoff 2) "Move" back to base or whatever.
soldier waypoints 1) "Move" to where they want to go after dropoff - synchonise this waypoint with the 1st helo one.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline gorrilaz

• Members
Re: New group after drop off (newb)
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jul 2008, 22:19:05 »
Thanks, used the "this moveInCargo helo" command.

Great help, thanks.