Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Dang paparazzi  (Read 2546 times)

Jimmy_james

The Dang paparazzi
« on: 23 Aug 2002, 23:08:04 »
I dont know if this would be allowed on this site buticud not think where else to put it.  Iknow this site is wanting to make the game as real as possible i.e no lazer guns,hovercrafts,mini guns(but this would be a realy cool addon I dont know why they wont allow it it is a real gun,ANYWAY this is another topic) just for a hint of realism would it be an insane thing to ask if the media could be made such as cameras and a reporter, plus a t.v van (could also make a good intro!!).  No harm in asking I think , is there?

Chomps

Re:The Dang paparazzi
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2002, 23:57:35 »
Well, this should probably be in the Addons: Ideas section.
Yeah, it would be cool to see one of those reporters that report from military bases and such.

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2002, 03:03:14 »
Maac & Marfy the guys down at the good desert mod were making a female news reporter in the gulf war for OFP. Dunno weather they are still doin' it.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2002, 05:42:49 »
Maac & Marfy the guys down at the good desert mod were making a female news reporter in the gulf war for OFP. Dunno weather they are still doin' it.

i heard its no longer a desert mod, its a resistance mod or something..  which blows cos they make cool desert units

Skaven

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2002, 14:38:48 »
Jimmy_james this is perfectely accepted in this website mate  , what we can't accept is scientific stuff,unreal things or topics related from a period before 1939, you can talk about Skateboards, Bycicles, Santa Claus (as long as he doesn't come from the sky  ;D ) and so on, however in addon ideas it would fit better so the topic was moved to here  ;)

1B1KSniper

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2002, 16:04:23 »
Santa Claus?  As long as we get to blow him up for not giving us presents this year.
Somebody should make a bicycle too.
And who hasn't dreamed of blowing up reporters?
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2002, 16:10:43 by 1B1KSniper »

Jimmy_james

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2002, 16:23:12 »
How about blowing the paparazzi up!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with a Mini gun (ok off topic! :-X)!) If any one has any news please notify me asap ;D

Big-Boss

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2002, 19:01:27 »
There is already a camera in the "empty"/"objects" section, just put a guy in front of the camera, and make him "Talk" whilst anotherone behind who just stands there and "operates" the camera.

Jimmy_james

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2002, 19:03:46 »
yeah but i want them to be able to hold the camera and walk around with it would be quite good in like village areas where there making a report about a war on in a riot or summit like that knahmean

Mr_Shady

« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:49:26 »
A cool idea would be a combat cameraman mission, where you have to follow a squad of troops around, or you have to cover a battle without getting topped. But it'd be really good to be able to take screenshots using the camera like in Hidden and Dangerous, but that's obviously never going to happen.

tai mai shu

« Reply #10 on: 25 Aug 2002, 04:34:17 »
well, youd be able to impliment cmera espionage to a certain extent, like a thiong where you addaction ["take a picture", "camerapic.sqs"]  and the script detects if youve "revealed" a target (using teh right click button) and than it identifies that unit as captured on camera.

IMHO, i think the laser designator looks a lot like a camera if you dont pay much attention to details.  (the real laser designator looks abolutley nothing like that crap-on-a-stick used in-game anyways)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:45:28 »
The SAS use photgraphic and video cameras extenisvely in intelligence gathering operations, so it's actually quite realistic. It'd also be good for tension in a mission. Picture this:

You're deep behind enemy lines, and patrols are actively searching for you after your unit was found and split. You may be the only operative left... and you've got a job to do. Creeping up to the perimeter fence, you see the Scud launchers, and realise you've struck gold. With deliberately slow movements you place your weapon down and take out your camera. The pictures are of vital importance, as those missiles may have NBC warheads, but you cannot tell from this distance. When the film's developed back at base it'll become clear.
You snap away, taking care to get good shots of the vehicles- then you hear the sound of an enemy patrol somewhere in the bushes behind you. There isn't enough time to get any more shots, there's not even enough time to replace the camera equipment stealthily. You cram the expensive and delicate equipment in your pack and snatch up your HK, before it starts to rain AK74 bullets...

Okay, so I got a little carried away  ;D

But you get the idea.

rat

« Reply #12 on: 27 Aug 2002, 00:09:57 »
how about a camera 'weapon'........
one of those pistol grip things with a really long telephoto lens
it would then be held like a gun and have a weapon view 'down the lens' so...no anim probs..........maybe film as ammo.......ammo (with no dammage?)
it would be nice if you could detect what was photographed for recon missions?
maybe a script for calculating sun position as to simulate lens reflection?.....ie force player to find another posn...or risk being seen!

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 06:57:20 by rat »

Thorne

« Reply #13 on: 27 Aug 2002, 20:45:04 »
TV camera as secondary weapon? The camera man would hold it on his shoulder. Itwould look good