Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can't get Airwolf to fly!  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Danakin1

• Members
Looping scrtip
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jun 2008, 16:35:26 »
So I tried out GCfungus and Dr. seltsem scripts.

fungus's script worked...     :good: script looped until the 15 seconds, although I had to add an extra zero at the end.  I thinks it's because of the .001 thing.  So 150 lasts longer.

I tried seltsem's script, but two things did not occur.  The loop did not stop and also, the camera did not follow the chopper.
Pretty much just created a new camera, but did not follow chopper and the loop did not end. 
I tried different variations and even moved some stuff around, but was not able to get seltsem's script to work.
 :dunno:

A side effect that occured with fungus's script, is that it follows the chopper, but there is a lot of bouncing around of the chopper...  Very turbulant.  Almost as if it is having a problem re-drawing the chopper.  The area around the chopper, the land scape, mountains, and other background stuff is fine.
But the target itself, the chopper or (lady) in my case, is very turbulant.  Almost looks like someone with a shaky hand is holding chopper and shaking it as it moves.

Any suggestions? ???

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
Re: Can't get Airwolf to fly!
« Reply #31 on: 25 Jun 2008, 17:41:51 »
Lol, to be honest I don't think you can really counter that. If you wanted a stable camera, you could try making the wait bigger, and use bigger distances, so it only re-adjusted itself every 5 seconds or so, and make it like 50m away or something.

Anyway, good luck. :)
-=GC=-Fungus1999
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton

Offline Danakin1

• Members
« Reply #32 on: 25 Jun 2008, 17:46:52 »
"try making the wait bigger"

Are you refering to the .001 thing?

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
« Reply #33 on: 25 Jun 2008, 17:54:18 »
hmmpf...  :(

but it works for me. Here is the script in a test mission attached. For the shaking effect, i have no idea at the moment. I will try different versions with different time and code settings. Maybe i can improve it.

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
« Reply #34 on: 25 Jun 2008, 22:00:06 »
Yea, a wait is defined using a '~'
Eg. ~5 = wait for 5 seconds.
 :good:
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton