Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: O2 modelling help needed!  (Read 5476 times)

Offline Adam David

• Members
O2 modelling help needed!
« on: 08 Jun 2008, 14:42:18 »
Hello everyone, I am not sure where to post it, so I am posting it here. If this place is not suited, please move it, and notify me.

I am currently working in O2 and making a model using textures from existing models. I managed to put up the material and the texture on my model, but when I check it in Buldozer, I see the model, and the "clothes" on it, but they are blank.

Can anyone help me here?  ???
Thank you!  :D

P.S. If needed, I can post pictures of what I am seeing when I launch Buldozer.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: O2 modelling help needed!
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2008, 15:34:30 »
I would think ArmA - Addons & Mods Discussion would be the obvious choice.  :yes: I'm sure a mod will move it there post-haste.
edit: and seconds later, here it is! :good:
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2008, 15:42:17 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2008, 15:35:46 »
Indeedymondo.

I am not sure where to post it
Modelling and other addon creating questions belong to the Addons boards so I moved this here. :)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Adam David

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jun 2008, 16:33:37 »
Okay, thanks for moving it  :P

I will post a screen shot about the problem:

I hope it helps making myself understood  :D

Of course I am a starter at this thing, so explain it to me like you would explain it to a three-year-old (step-by-step if you know what I mean LOL).

Thanks!

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2008, 10:43:42 »
hi adam, welcome to this forums.
1)when you start buldozer do you get any errors (about can load a texture or something)
2)what is your model texture paths?

try this for start, on your left you should have the resource library, if not hit shifht+F10 in order to appear.
This library has icons like a stack of books. Using the '+' on the left of that books, expand the Current Lod->textures now you should get a lst with your applied textures, if not then probably you haven't map the textures correctly, if you get a '?' at the left of each texture name then you have missing textures, probably from wrong paths or something, but if you have a green rectangle box the everything it's ok.

3)now suppose the you know that OFP/Arma use textures of power of ^2 that means that all your textures must comply under this pattern, an example could be 1024X256, 1024 X1024 etc..., if not then probably you could get a bunch of problems. Also use TGA 32bit, for source file, and try not to let O2 to create the paa automatically, but 1st use TexVie2 to create from your source (TGA, jpg) into paa, and then load map your paa's on your model.

That's it for now check all these things and tell me the results, then we can move to the next step.

Offline Adam David

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jun 2008, 20:20:31 »
Thank you very much for the quick and reply XSparky!

I do not have time to post a whole answer today (I got some work to do), but as soon as I can, I will give you an answer.

Again, thank you ALL for the quick replies, you guys are the best!  :good:

Offline Adam David

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2008, 19:00:05 »
Sorry for the late response:

Here is what is going on when I launch Buldozer:

A little program is running (ArmA.exe is it's name, but it is a small DOS window: Converting textures, pls wait....) , then it says the following: Cannot open object:  ca\weapons\ak_47_v58_proxy.p3d.

Now, as far as I know, I did not create any AK-47 weapon with my model, and if I did, I don't see why it would screw the textures up.

About texture paths:

At All textures and materials all is is black, not red, and I checked my textures and they are not blank (only on the model).

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2008, 03:24:38 »
Does your soldier model not have a proxy for a weapon, called ak_47_v58_proxy.p3d.

Check one of the Resolution LODs for the proxy in the named selections window.

This in all probability would be pathed as ca\weapons\ak_47_v58_proxy.p3d, hence why it complains if you don't have it in that path or indeed have no such path.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2008, 07:54:20 »
ok here is an example of what i'm talking about

if yours is empty or you have only a '?' then you don't have map at all your model, or O2 can't find your textures cause of wrong paths....

As you can see proxy is atriangle as represantation in O2.
A proxy is an object (an other p3d) that can have 2 functions
1)can be let's say as a generic slot, that the game engine knows how to handle
or
2)can be an other model part that you can use in order to save model polycount in a specific p3d, since proxies are rendered as seperate objects.

In this case the ak_47_v58_proxy.p3d is used as the generic weapon slot proxy for the primaray weapon.
In order to see it in game you need to put the appropriate MLOD in folder named ca\weapons\ .
But this is an other thing and has nothing to do with this.
So i'd like to tell me what you have in your O2 srceen, regarding the resource library?

Offline Adam David

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jun 2008, 00:17:45 »
Hmm Okay I don't know how you did that, with what button, and can you give me a small tutorial explaining what it is? Because it looks like it wasn't mentioned at which I was looking.

And I want to make that guy without any weapons. How, or where an what do I need to modify for it?

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jun 2008, 00:59:08 »
ok, i'll try to explain it again, but before that check something please.
in O2 program, in menu bar there is a red button with a hummer as icon (like USSR flag), left click on it, you should get a pop up.
in this pop up there is some options have you checked "hide textures"? if yes that's your problem if no, then we can move to what i was trying to explain at 1st place.
if yes, uncheck it, and then left click again on the button, and choose "start/restart"

Offline Adam David

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jun 2008, 23:17:46 »
It is unchecked so I might have it, I just didn't look for it maybe. The Hide textures was unchecked.
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2008, 10:37:08 by Adam David »

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
« Reply #12 on: 01 Jul 2008, 10:40:12 »
that means that the problem is solved?

about the proxies, proxies means "ability" the proxy oof the ak_74... means that this soldier can carry a weapon, that he can find on the ground and take it or from a dead body (you shouldn't delete this triangle or any onther weapon slot triangle).
BUT, if you want this character not to have a weapon, like a civilian, you do this through config.
exampl.
weapons[] = {"Throw", "Put"};
magazines[] = {};

these 2 arrays must be like that.

Offline Adam David

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jul 2008, 22:46:51 »
I have those triangels on, but the problem is not solved lol, I found the place where my texture's names should be (that resource library) but I do not know how or what to do with it  :(

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
« Reply #14 on: 02 Jul 2008, 22:58:38 »
there can be several things that can cause the problem.
1)resource libary shows you the textures that are mapped on your model, withresource library you can select and see what parts of the model ar mapped with the sme texture, right click on a texture on the resource library, and on the drop down menu,  select "select in object"
2)have you create a folder that will represent you pbo structure, and inside it have you placed the textures?

i think that at this point, the best way is to send it over (sparky@otenet.gr) if you don't mind. I can look deep into it, and give you a fast solution. or my msn mmstudiosnet@msn.com in order to work it together with msn.

Offline Adam David

• Members
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jul 2008, 09:33:38 »
Okay, I will send it to you, thank you very much XSparky for your patience too.  :good:

Update: First off, sorry Sparky that I couldn't send it to you, real-life issues prevented me from doing it (work and internet connection), but today morning when I was trying to send it to you I checked the model once again, and this is what I saw:

???  :dunno: :scratch:

So, officially I have no idea what happened, how it happened, as I am the only one who uses O2 and all associated files.
Okay, I know that the model is ugly as hell, but it is my first attempt to modify/merge two models, so be easy on me  :D

So, what am I seeing, how did this happen, and can anyone tell me, how to modify the textures???
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2008, 22:43:19 by Adam David »