Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unload Ammo  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Cold

• Members
  • Mission Maker
Unload Ammo
« on: 21 May 2008, 03:02:13 »
Does anyone have an idea how to smoothly animate a stack of 3 ammo crates being unloaded from the back of one of the cargo trucks? I essentially need a soldier using an animation similar to lifting, but then I need the ammo crates to slide [or appear] from inside the truck and fall down. I could just use the setpos command once, but i don't want the guy to bend down and just have 3 ammo crates appear. Any ideas?
A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. <br />Lao Tzu

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Re: Unload Ammo
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2008, 03:13:49 »
have the guy stand near the back of the truck and have "man1" bend down doing, maybe the healing action, accept accelerate it (if that is possible). Then have him stand back up and do it again.... just use the setpos command for everytime he stands and does animation...
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2008, 03:29:03 »
how to smoothly animate
i dont think so, the game doesnt work that way,
Semper Fi

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2008, 07:52:20 »
Yea, there probably isn't a smooth way of showing the box ALWAYS in his hands. But, I gave you a pretty good alternative I would think.

Hope it works, I am sure someone knows the proper code for it.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2008, 14:15:41 »
i did at one time see it with the mission Grunt one  http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=1&page=0&game=OFP&cat=ca&sort=edid
as i remember there was a box attached to a guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe Mandoble will repley  ;)
Semper Fi

Offline Cold

• Members
  • Mission Maker
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2008, 06:02:21 »
Thanks for the idea Ironman. That is somewhat of the idea I had in mind, but i wasn't sure if I could somehow use setvelocity and somehow just make it come out and down from the truck instead of it appearing at the soldiers feet... I'll keep trying.

Help from all is always appreciated, especially Mandoble lol
A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. <br />Lao Tzu

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2008, 07:45:15 »
well now, I feel unappreciated lol.... nah, he is probably (well really he is) more knowledgable in scripting than I lol.....

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2008, 09:07:03 »
can I just let you know ,, some objects have a fall value. This fall value might be what your looking for if you place the object in air it should drop, Other objects you can place in the air. So if one object doesn't work you might want to try another,
something in the addon- EditorUpdate_v102 might work better,,, keep in might I am guessing. Don't blow your mine over it.
The only time remember seeing it done was one of Mandoble missions , and now I remember the box was above the head of the man carring it. And not in his hands,
There are some guru's out there that might post a reply yet!!!
PS Mandoble is on holidays for a week too!!!!!

Code: [Select]
_cargo setPos [_x, _y, _z + 0.5];Half meter above head
Semper Fi

Offline Cold

• Members
  • Mission Maker
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2008, 05:29:07 »
Thanks again guys. I'm going to have to just simply tinker as I usually do [which winds up with more side missions than the one I'm working on] but it's all good.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2008, 05:53:11 »
I'm going to have to just simply tinker
find a way to move it with getPos
thingo1 setpos [(GetPos this select 0),(GetPos this select 1),2]; for back of truck
then
~0.1 deleteVehicle thingo1
thingo1 setpos [(GetPos this select 0),(GetPos this select 1),1.8];
Repeat this over and over again til it look like its moving
Maybe even move the truck too!
Make markers and add the object thingo1 again,,,,,
I know this is not tested , but my scripting is horrible , i do everything backwards  ::)
But then again sometimes it works, :dunno: but dont do your head in over it  :D :D :D :D :D
edit might work best in a cutsence where you can move the camera,,,,
« Last Edit: 23 May 2008, 05:57:33 by schuler »
Semper Fi