Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [Co10] Operation Night Ray pt1  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
[Co10] Operation Night Ray pt1
« on: 19 May 2008, 08:27:11 »
Destroy the communications building. Make sure you know all the Go calls.

Simple mission if you are not spotted until you want to be.

Addons Needed: EditorUpdate 1.02 (included in Zip)
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2008, 17:21:52 by Cheetah »
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Re: [Co10] Operation Night Ray pt1
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2008, 01:50:21 »
bump

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2008, 06:20:29 »
Package

Include a good promo shot and readme. The editor addon is pretty well used you could remove it from the zip and point to it.

Intro

There is none, might want to have the boats move in with drivers and then drive off. Use it as a quick cut scene before you land.

Briefing

No picture should add one.

Briefing is short not bad.

I think you really need to consider a weapons pool here. I just hate the aim point. You could limit the weapons in the pool to just quiet guns.

Notes
Line up your radio calls something like this, looks more pleasing to the eye.

Radio Calls:
"Charley Brown has come home." - Sniper team engage enemy officer.
"Snoopy is close."  - Armored support is on their way.
"Wash your hands" - Mission abort/done, head back to beach for pickup.
"Echo"  - Call for extraction.
"Hotel" - Everyone in, leave.

Mission

Revive warning overlays the Charile Brown message occasionally.

We played this mission several times, the tough approach up to town caught us off guard we manged to only make it to the top of town. we gave up  after about 7 tries just frustrated with the weapon of choice.  Over all we'll be watching for updates in this mission.

One consideration is to get the moon nice and bright the attempts through the trees was difficult. we were constantly getting grenaded.

Xbox Rocks

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2008, 06:01:11 »
Gave this mission another go tonite and found that the revive with limited movement really sucked. Totally enjoy the difficulty in this mission. If your going to keep the revive as it it then you need to add a medic or some tents.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2008, 07:27:09 »
Hoz thank you for the concerns. I have played this mission many times with friends and we have beaten it almost every time.

I know replayability is a major criteria I don't seem to get the hold of some times. I would like to offer a suggestion though. Remember you objectives, there are no objectives saying you have to kill everyone. If you do engage the enemy make sure you are in a well covered/concealed area. Also, there are MP5's and Aimpoints I believe. I don't think I changed that.

If I brighten the moon up I will take away NV goggles. I did not equip enemy soldiers with NV goggles in this mission. So, you have the advantage of no moon. Also, I love making my missions very difficult almost to the point where I can not beat them. If you ever played ACS Hostage Rescue you would know what I mean lol...

I will look at this and see if I should change something. It has been a LONG TIME since I fooled around with this mission.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2008, 21:41:54 »
We enjoyed this mission alot, except the crawling revive part and the weapons selection. I guess we need to play it a bit more.
Xbox Rocks