Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: co10 =RTY= US Navy Seals ( making some changes)  (Read 2279 times)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
co10 =RTY= US Navy Seals ( making some changes)
« on: 16 May 2008, 16:44:59 »
mission author
--------------
shark attack

mission type
--------------
CO-OP (teamwork - voice comms recomended)

max no of players 10

mission requirements
---------------------
ArmA V 1.12
NO ADDONS REQUIRED

situation report
-----------------
Prior to taskforce deployment several enemy resources are to be captured .
Namely the oilfield in the south of the island for obvious reasons and the town of arcadia for its suitable beaches and jettys for landing craft

However several of the enemys defences must be destroyed before deployment can proceed..
The machine gun nests located in the south of the island.
Both of the armoured AA units protecting the oilfield .
Note*
All air movement has been cancelled until this threat is removed. Eliminate the threat and Airborne Rangers will be deployed to the site allowing the Navy Seals to proceed to Arcadia. Also Close Air support options will become available from the console on board .
The hotel in Arcadia is to be cleared of enemy troops. Coammand elemnts want to use this building to serve as HQ for the task force.
The 4x Artillery pieces located on the beaches of Arcadia. Secure the beaches and advance elements of marines will be deployed.

Console and squad options
====================

The console can only be operated by the Forward Air Controller !
For this operation the console is limited to 6x airstrikes, 5x recon flights and 3x emergency extractions (should our own choppers be destroyed or our pilot get shot down).

All units can revive, however it is reccomended that the PJ stays with the chopper/pilot. As an airborne medic, should it all go pear shaped.

Jip s will start at the offshore base and can either request a pick up (if pilot is active) or take a boat from the base and be in the action within mins

any comments  or bug reports   will be more than welcome
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2008, 16:43:49 by sharkattack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: co10 =RTY= US Navy Seals review please
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2008, 15:14:33 »
fixing   :)
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2008, 16:44:12 by sharkattack »

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2008, 07:15:17 »
Ok so I played this with 4 people.

Briefing: Fix the link for the "Situation Report". The link is set on the set of dashes "--------". Also, the weapons you select at this screen do not stick with you in game. It reverts back to your original ones. If you can fix this also add Magazines for the MP5(sd) and normal MP5. If you don't want to fix that then a suggestion is throw some MP5's in a crate as they are not, by default, in the crate.

Intro: None. Just a title text that scrolls across screen.

Gameplay: Everything to my knowledge worked well. Lots of soldiers, not to much armor. I was unable to see the usage of the airsupport scripts because I had work but that is a nice function I have seen in other RTY missions. encountered 1 man patrols every now and then. That should be changed to atleast 2 soldiers if you are going for realism. Also, you should enable the endmission function with Norrin Revive. At one point we were all dead and got the dialogue but the mission didn't self terminate. Overall a good mission that requires team work.

Suggestion(s):
1) If anyone can revive and heal themselves what is the reason behind the medic?
2) Adding a intro shouldn't be too hard to do and will add a lil extra to the mission.
3) Add more objects on the USS Cole. It is rather empty for a simulated ship. Just put locked FW and RW aircraft and maybe some trucks/HMVs.
4) In no way do I want to force this down your throat but your MG nests are pretty darn far from the beach. Consider moving them up about 100-200m. The terrain might not allow this but it will add to the atmosphere knowing the enemy is very close once you land.

I would give this a score of 7.5/10.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2008, 16:43:15 »
hi ironman

thanks for the feedback mate ... i will indeed  address the issues raised ..

best wishes  mate  and thanks again  :)

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Re: co10 =RTY= US Navy Seals ( making some changes)
« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2008, 07:23:07 »
did you make those changes yet
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992