Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP/QG] 2-20 DM MP Hell Unleashed  (Read 3155 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
[MP/QG] 2-20 DM MP Hell Unleashed
« on: 23 Apr 2008, 22:55:17 »
Mission "2-20 DM MP Hell Unleashed" by Laggy.

Hopefully the final version.

Description: A massive, epic, strategic, beyond experience deathmatch involving 22 controllable groups total. Attack or Defend Bagango.

Needed Addons and ArmA version: QG and 1.09 beta.

NOTE: This mission has been tested several times in MP, so far no glitches have shown, but feedback would be appreciated in any case. Not yet tested on dedicated server. High end PC is useful.

Thanks to: Nominesine and all of you who answer my questions on the forum.

Missiontype: Multiplayer Deathmatch
Players: 2-20
Island: Sahrani
Mission Version: 1.0
Intro: Yes
Parameters: Yes
Time: Morning
Weather: Good
Playtime: depending on players
Missionwork: UNSEEN creativity in strategic deathmatch mission design. Epic battle with 11 groups each, huge areas, custom sounds, playability, and variation.

Hope you enjoy it. My wish is that I've created a good feel of playability and a unique mission idea.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2008, 17:19:49 by Cheetah »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [DEATHMATCH/QG] 2-20 DM MP Hell Unleashed (beta testing)
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2008, 22:08:04 »
Hey collegues and masters,

Any comments anyone? I'm longing for some feedback...

Cheers

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [DEATHMATCH/QG] 2-20 DM MP Hell Unleashed (beta testing)
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2008, 21:55:44 »
Hrrm...

Any comments my fellow ArmA addicts?

Laggy

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [MP/QG] 2-20 DM MP Hell Unleashed
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2008, 19:51:51 »
Hrmmmm...

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2008, 20:01:18 »
BI forum is better for MP PvP missions from what I can tell.  :confused:

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2008, 20:23:22 »
I can't speak for our very own MP-testing squad here, but generally gathering something like 20 people for testing is not very easy, and we've got limited resources.  :confused: I personally never do any MP'ing (aside from random romps into Evo or Warfare, and of course some IC-ArmA'ing!), and I haven't even got QG, so I really can't help you there.

Terribly sorry!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2008, 21:25:29 »
I kinda feel the same way. I have qg but don't have it installed because the few people I do play with don't have it either. So there's no sense in testing those missions, even though I would love too. Also I might add if you want to attract as many players as your best to limit the addons as much as possible for MP type missions.  Those are just my views.
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2008, 22:24:12 »
Hi all,

Points taken and I agree, to a certain degree... (unplanned rime).

However:
If a MP mission description says 1+ players its playability or "funfactor" could be playtested by a single player (except for technical MP issues).
If a DEATHMATCH/MP mission description says 2+ players it's not so hard to playtest and then give some feedback. Not much harder than a SP mission.
I don't know if this is important but maybe the MP missions should be marked somehow to inform that a "full amount" player enrollment is not necessary.

I personally prefer to design MP missions, because ArmA (like OFP) is most fun when you are at least 2 players "living, cooperating and surviving" in that fictional environment, or trying to outsmart eachother in an action packed version of Chess.

Cheers

Laggy
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2008, 22:29:25 by laggy »