Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Random Objective  (Read 1258 times)

Offline CyDoN

• Members
Random Objective
« on: 31 Mar 2008, 09:12:47 »
Hello, i dont know if is the right spot to ask this one or go to the general but... lets take a look at it.

I have an objective position that is captured after 10 seconds then i want it to score points for another 10 seconds and finnaly to respawn somewhere almost random (a trigger zone would be the ideal for random positions).

Thank you :)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Random Objective
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2008, 11:04:01 »
Do you mean that you have a position that must be captured, and that when captured, it should move somewhere else? If so, which criteria do you use to consider the position captured?

Offline CyDoN

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2008, 16:33:36 »
staying in the zone for 10 seconds. I have a lot maps as an example of how i can make a capturing location and scoring, what i want is that zone to spawn in a random postion after 10 seconds from when it was captured.

it ll take 10 seconds to capture it
then 10 seconds until i respawns somewhere else in random (inside a trigger area maybe)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2008, 16:46:48 »
Ok, I adming English is far from being my primary lang, but the fact is that I dont understand what you are looking for.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2008, 17:21:01 »
Correct me if I'm wrong CyDon.

What you probably want is a Headquarters type of mission.

Headquarters is another game mode with a similar concept, however teams compete to capture a single Headquarters point that rotates around the map.

Game flow

Game starts. Teams move around for 10 seconds when the first marker is randomly positioned in an area. Competiting teams A & B move to the marker and try to capture it by being close to it. It takes 10 seconds to capture the flag. Then, this marker or flagzone disappears and after 10 seconds a new one is generated somewhere else in the mission area.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!