Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: save game with deleting dead units problem  (Read 996 times)

Offline dematti

• Members
save game with deleting dead units problem
« on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:14:40 »
Hi guys,

I have this trigger which deletes dead units after 30minutes (1:its a long mission with lots of units, 2:30mins because the cars have to burn long enough)

Now after reloading my mission the units that where dead at the moment i saved, are now not beeing removed.
I think this is because by saving the game, it stores the bodies on the savegame file and therefore they cant be deleted after the game is loaded.

Does anybody has any idea about deleting the units inside the savegame file. Or anything else that can help me.

THX

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: save game with deleting dead units problem
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2008, 11:38:17 »
May I ask which script you are using? That may help in solving the problem. I find it odd if you cannot delete units after saving, maybe something is wrong with the way they are being 'remembered' by the game. E.g. a temporary array only found in the memory of ArmA.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline dematti

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2008, 22:11:57 »
Code: [Select]
~10
deletevehicle (_this select 0)
exit

the units i want to delete are generated units (dac) I dont know if that has anything to do with it.
btw with dac you also have the possibility to delete but I turned it off because i had the exact same problem with that.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2008, 22:27:54 »
Sounds strange. One possibility is that the savegame gets corrupted somehow (not using pre-1.09 version of ArmA, are you?), and another that, as you surmise, there's something wrong with either the timer script or the actual body. You better test it :

Create a new mission, port over your script or write one that does approximately the same thing, except you add a hint or a globalchat or something after the timer ends (which should tell you that now is the time when the body should be deleted). If the body isn't deleted and the hint doesn't show, then there's clearly something wrong with the physical -timer-. If the hint is shown but the body isn't deleted, the problem does seem to lie in the body itself. If it works flawlessly, the problem might be in the mission itself - for instance the aforementioned corrupted savegame.

Try it out and report back!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"