Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MP COOP mission "1-6 The Retrievers" Final Release (Under Review)  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
I'll take this for review.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
On a dedicated server the helicopter doesn't move towards the mainland. It keeps hovering at the airbase.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Hi Cheetah and thanks for the info,

I just opened a new topic in the MP editing section.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2008, 10:16:08 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Hi all you MP gurus,

This is a mission that is currently under review, however Cheetah discovered that it doesn't work properly on a dedicated server. On a hosted server it works perfectly and I can not figure out what is causing this weird glitch. I am asking for help.

On the north east island of Antigua, I have a short trigger chain to make a MI17 take off and carry the players group to a parachute insertion point.
The way this should happen is that the two MI17 pilots (who are sitting in the MI17) join a group that has "flying" waypoints.
That way the pilots will never be part of the players group, but through the radio triggers they will take the players to their destination.
In the mission you can choose between two different routes, therefore I have two radio triggers, Alpha and Bravo.

I have now been told that on a Dedicated server, the MI17 doesn't move away from the initial position, it just starts and then hoovers in the air.
However, since the MI17 pilot starts the engine and hoovers it proves that the triggers activate, but some glitch is happening.

The solution for the MI17 insertion is:
Radio Alpha trigger, On Activation: helogonorth = true; PublicVariable "helogonorth"
Radio Bravo trigger, On Activation: helogosouth = true; PublicVariable "helogosouth"

Then:
One SWITCH trigger (makes pilots join and synchronized with waypoint) has Condition: helogonorth
One SWITCH trigger (makes pilots join and synchronized with waypoint) has Condition: helogosouth

Very simple and the history is this:
If I only had the radio triggers directly as SWITCHES, the MI17 would not move (just like betatesters now describe) on a Hosted server IF the group leader was also server. When I added the PublicVariable it worked fine, but now it doesn't work on a dedi server. Since the triggers are activated through a PublicVariable it should run on all computers and be activated regardless... right?

I have no idea how to solve this ArmA riddle and I therefore humbly beg someone if they can take a quick look at this mission in the editor. I have gone over it a hundred times, but with no luck. Like I said this is the only problem that needs to be fixed, before the review can be done. Even though I have read the MP scripting tutorial, the scripting difference between Hosted and Dedi is causing me a headache and I would be very grateful if someone could give me some advice.

If you want to help me, just make sure you have the latest version of the mission which is downloadable at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Laggy
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2008, 17:44:07 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.