Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Group Waypoints added - respawn update in MP  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Merlin01

• Members
Group Waypoints added - respawn update in MP
« on: 23 Feb 2008, 22:56:05 »
Hello all,
I am very new to this editing and have a question about a CoOp mission I'm trying to make.

I have a 6xMerc. group being inserted on Porto Island, all objectives have been hidden except the first one and the group doesnt have any waypoints to start with. When they move toward the first objective they activate a trigger which adds their first waypoint, - both to the map and the labeled yellow box ingame - with the use of BAS-F the code for this WP addition is:
Code: [Select]
waypoint = f_GrpBLU11A addWaypoint [position SLAFlag1, 5]; [f_GrpBLU11A, 1] setWaypointDescription "Clear the village"This trigger is activated by Blufor and set to ONCE.

When I play this mission in my own LAN environment the WP remains after I die and respawn, however, last night I tried it with a few friends and found the WP marker on the map stayed but the small yellow Box with the description did not.  :(

To further complicate things, each additional waypoint added via an objective being completed has the same problem, they appear consecutively on the map as WP markers (small black circle with an X) but the yellow box is not kept up to date with the current waypoint that is active.

I'm using the Universal Weapons Respawn Script if that has anything to do with it, but I don't know why the waypoints work fine when I host/play in a MP environment by myself, but not when it's hosted by someone else and there are multiple clients connected.

I have yet to get my head around even the most basic JIP stuff and as such had a client leave the mission and his body kept respawning once he had gone. I can only speculate that I somehow need to define which WP's have been added and which one is currently active EVERY TIME someone respawns so they get the correct position of the small yellow box.

I hope that makes sence. Thanks for any info...