Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 92891 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #330 on: 07 Oct 2008, 12:56:51 »
 :blink:
When you add a unit to the map you may select its side, if you select LOGIC you will be adding gamelogics to your map. If you have mando missile addon in your addon folder, a new type of gamelogic will be present "Mando Missile ArmA", just add one of these to your map, and it will initialize mando missile automatically.

If you want to have more flexibility for mando missile initialization, use the script suite instead of the addon as explained in the procedure linked in the previous reply.

Offline polska

• Members
« Reply #331 on: 07 Oct 2008, 16:20:04 »
 >:(

I put the Missle logic in and it is now an option to use CM and SA. But when I click it it says,

MSG: Cruise missle launcher not present
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2008, 04:25:42 by polska »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #332 on: 08 Oct 2008, 14:10:57 »
Have you read the instructions at least?

"Cruise missile attack.
This option requires Mando Missile ArmA initialized in the mission (addon or script suite), else the option will be disabled.
The specified launcher will fire a cruise missile against the indicated position. The missile is detectable and interceptable by enemy SAM units anti-missile capable or/and anti-missile mando guns.

To be able to fire cruise missiles you need to define which unit will be the missile launcher as well as the firing position in model coordinates. Set mando_airsupport_cmissile and mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos to the corresponding values.
"

And a bit below that:
"   mando_airsupport_cmissile: Cruise missile launcher (requires mando missile initialized), default value is objNull;
   mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos: Model coordinates of the cruise missile launch position.
   mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt :cruise altitude for cruise missiles flying in inertial mode, default is 800m.
"

Edit:
And this also from the init.sqf of mando_bombs_armedrec.Sara, where you have the CM option available.
Code: [Select]
mando_airsupport_cmissile = rhib1; // <- This is a ship NW of the island.
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1]; // Firing position (where the missile will be created at launch time)
mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 300; // Cruise altitude of the missile to keep in-flight
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2008, 14:15:21 by Mandoble »

Offline polska

• Members
« Reply #333 on: 08 Oct 2008, 22:36:05 »
I am getting very confused by this. :confused:

I need to put the code in the files mando_airsupport_cmissile and mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos?
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2008, 23:12:47 by bedges »

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #334 on: 08 Oct 2008, 22:48:33 »
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1]; // Firing position (where the missile will be created at launch time)
mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 300; // Cruise altitude of the missile to keep in-flight

Just put these lines at the end of the description.ext init.sqf file of the mission folder you want the air support console in.

Luke
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2008, 02:58:34 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #335 on: 08 Oct 2008, 23:05:11 »
mando_airsupport_cmissile and mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos are not files, are global variables as explained in the online help.

You may set them to the values required by your mission in the init.sqf file (never inside description.ext as wrongly suggested by Luke).

You need a launcher unit (the cruise missile launcher) in your map. Each side may have only one missile launcher.
The missile launcher is assigned to mando_airsupport_cmissile and the firing position is assigned to mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos global variable, just as in the example (part of init.sqs):

rhib1 is the name given to a ship that will work as missile launcher in that demo mission.
[0,-4,1] is the firing position in model coordinates [just 4m behind the center and 1m above the center of the firing unit).

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #336 on: 09 Oct 2008, 05:01:38 »
Just take one of the demo missions and copy and paste what's in the init, descripition, etc.

If I can figure it out. It's a piece of cake. I'm an idiot with this kind of stuff.

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #337 on: 19 Oct 2008, 20:28:25 »
Mandoble;

Do you have any plans to implement your AC130 into this, now?

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #338 on: 19 Oct 2008, 20:47:53 »
Not yet.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #339 on: 10 Dec 2008, 20:34:27 »
mandoble

Had a browse through thread and  cant find similar query.

Is it possible to  remove the  cannon from  laser strike aircraft
and limit the laser plane to attack only the target that is  splashed.

The laser plane is very effective, however im finding  that it has a mind of its own
before and after the laser strike .

best wishes
                                                   shark-attack
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 20:36:27 by sharkattack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #340 on: 10 Dec 2008, 22:01:24 »
mmm, this is a bit odd, if you open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf and look for CALL_LASER a bit below you will find that the pilot is set to careless and green combat mode, so it will rarely engange. Anyway, the plane (_plane) is created there, you may remove its gun or the ammo of the gun.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #341 on: 11 Dec 2008, 20:30:43 »
Hey Mandoble, I'm in the process of setting up a template for future missions i make.  I have included Mando Missiles and the Air Support Console.  Although everything seems to work fine, i seem to be having a little issue with missing sound files.  Whenever something is used from the console, that requires sound such as the cruise missile, i get a "Sound not found" message pop-up.  Is there something i've missed?  I haven't come across this error before and its got me a little stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S - Forgot to mention i'm using the last stable(non-beta) script version of Mando Missiles.
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2008, 20:47:50 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #342 on: 11 Dec 2008, 21:40:53 »
You are missing all the needed includes for mando missiles in script suite form. If you use the addon you dont need any, if you use the script suite you need these three.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #343 on: 11 Dec 2008, 22:18:22 »
I see what you mean Mandoble, the problem i have with that atm is the Class CfgSounds are already defined as part of the config.cpp in the revive scripts system.  Anyway if i put the Class sounds from the mando_sounds.h into the config.cpp with the others, it works and all sound is fine.

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction.

Offline Supergrunt

• Members
« Reply #344 on: 23 Dec 2008, 16:32:43 »
little question to mando

i asked about extra pilots / gunners etc in the evac chopper for the console once and the answer was perfect but now i want the same thing to happen with the NODLG evac 

using the NODLG i want a evac chopper to arrive but with full crew (pilot,gunner,copilot(as first cargo) ) so when they pick you up you are again realy in the back

so mando can you assist me in geting this done in the NODLG EVAC ? (please remember i am the scripting retard )