Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: sound problem  (Read 938 times)

Offline dematti

• Members
sound problem
« on: 15 Feb 2008, 12:57:07 »
hi,

I made this mission but when i start it there are no sounds, except for a few.
like for ex: when i injure someone i can hear him scream, but no other sounds (gunshots, walking, birds,...).
There must a file inside the mission file somewhere that is interfering with the sounds?
Or can it be the variables used?
How can i find the interfering file (or code)? or wich files (or codes) are used for sounds in the mission file?
i am using the original game, no mods, few addons.

thx

Offline General_NS

• Members
Re: sound problem
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2008, 13:11:55 »
Try to use defaul sound setings (in options)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2008, 17:02:40 »
Hmm, are you sure it's only this mission? Test some other missions and see if it's not something in your sound settings. Make sure you're not using a sound mod that messes stuff up. If it -is- only that mission, what custom sounds and such have you put into it?

I've got a feeling this is more a case of a game-related mistake rather than something specifically to do with editing, but yes...never heard of this before in any case!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline dematti

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2008, 23:13:30 »
default settings dont work either.
Yes the problem occurs only with this mission.
I forgot to mention it is a campaign file (based on gdc campaign) This campaign file has a lot of files in it with globals and stuff. (im not an expert in that, yet :) ) I only edited the mission sqm file and added dac to the campaign. I created it in 1.09 beta without any mods. I"ve tried using csm mod (or 6th sense i dont remember exactly which one adds the effect and thats when i hear the effects, but this doesnt happen often. Most of the times i tried i heard no sounds at all. Apart from that i am using no other custom sounds.
in the mission i am using dac and gdc, but these have nothing to do with the sound, right?
This is very annoying i spent A LOT of time getting this mission to work problem after problem and now everything is perfect, exept there is no sound.  ???
now wich expert can help me out here?

EDIT: found the corrupt file init.sqs (verry small file) when i cut this file out of the campaign the game has sound, but offcourse crashes. this is the only file that starts the game without sound.

EDIT2: ok guys problem solved, there was a snippet '0 fadesound 0' wich i changed to '1 fadesound 1'
Thanks, and after 4weeks of editing i can finally start playing.
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2008, 23:52:24 by dematti »