Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cant resume edited missions  (Read 1360 times)

Offline dematti

• Members
cant resume edited missions
« on: 27 Jan 2008, 11:53:05 »
Hi,

I made a few missions and saved them as missions so i can save and load again a few days later. (these are long missions) so i open them in the mission icon instead of editor.
Now i dicovered a problem with some of the misisons: i can play the game from the beginning, i can save and retry, but soon as i exit arma and restart the game. i cant load again. with one of the missions I get error: 'cannot find the continue file' but the file is there, in my missions folder. With another mission it just crashes to windows without error.

Can someone help me?

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: cant resume edited missions
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2008, 15:34:56 »
Are you playing 1.08 or 1.09beta? Since it's a question of long missions, it sounds a bit to me like you've got a case of the Savegame bug. This basically makes it impossible to resume certain long missions if there are too many global variables used - you can circumvent it by simply cut-paste the continue/autosave files from the mission's folder in your profile, starting the mission (from the normal Start button) and then cut-paste the autosave back into the folder : pressing Retry in-mission will now load the old autosave and you can continue.

That is a lot of work, however, so I suggest moving over to 1.09beta in which there is no longer a savegame bug :)

It might be something else though - but I suggest trying it with the beta just in case!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline dematti

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2008, 19:00:31 »
downloaded beta 2 days ago. i was happy i saw it in the changelog. but still the problem is there. They say its fixed but with me it isnt.
my savegame file is 153mb. im not using that much objects or soldiers, however i am using dac (dynamic ai creator) to generate my mission.
in the beginning i saved the game without waiting for the units to be generated and it saved and loaded fine (small savegame file) . i wait a little longer until the units start to show up on the map ,save the game, but cant load anymore. and im only using 100soldiers on each side and 25-/+ objects??

and the copy paste doesnt work either

Offline Carroll

• Members
  • Mission Designer (MP-"well tryin to capiche"
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2008, 19:20:09 »
Sounds like your save is being corrupted by some Addon dependant/created Unit of some kind...I think you should be looking at how 'Vanilla' you are running your ArmA version firstly. Certain Addons that were constructed during previous versions of ArmA may not be as 1.09b complatible now.

Though even if this is not the case, i would be saving my mission files somewhere safe & reverting back to an ORIGINAL/ Vanilla version of Arma 1.09b without the use of any Addons but those Official & seeing if the problem still exists. At least then your goin to be able to narrow your search down abit......If the problem don't longer exist when you try to do the same save on a 'pure/vanilla' version of the program, you know it's got somthin to do with an Additional feature you've introduced somewhere along the line.

If it works fine, well then you've solved your problem   :), if not, well at least in part by discovering it's cause....I'm running both a heavily modified version of ArmA as well as a Vanilla, & i rarely encounter problems using Vanilla....when a corruption of some kind occurs in the modified version, it rarely exist in the Vanilla when i cross check.

EDIT: I'm not sayin that this is the same in your case, just that this is the first place i'd look if i had the same problem you have...
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2008, 19:51:09 by Carroll »

Offline dematti

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2008, 19:42:30 »
well, the only unofficial addon i got is the island itself (desert51km) and then offcourse DAC.
So if it could be what you said DAC must be the problem.

in the beginning i saved the game without waiting for the units to be generated and it saved and loaded fine (small savegame file) . i wait a little longer until the units start to show up on the map ,save the game, but cant load anymore
But dac only has original units,cars,... no addons
anyone intrested in the mission sqm file (you need DAC and desert51 offcourse)?
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2008, 19:44:41 by dematti »

Offline dematti

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2008, 20:39:14 »
Can someone please tell me what this means?

error zero divisor: _countmax = ((DAC_AI_Count_Level #select (_DAC_UnitCount - 1))

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2008, 08:06:38 »
dematti, please do not post consecutively unless a couple of days have passed.
If you have something to add after a short period of time modify your post instead of replying to yourself.

As for the error message, maybe the _DAC_UnitCount - 1 causes a negative or null value  :dunno:
It's likely that you would get an answer quicker by asking this from the author (or avid user(s)) of DAC...
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2008, 16:04:27 »
Once again: DAC isn't hosted or affiliated with OFPEC in any way (wouldn't mind uploading it as a resource though, but each scripter to his own... :whistle:), but you can ask DAC-related questions over at the : BI Forums topic. Sadly, DAC is such a humongous system that we probably can't help you with it, with the exception of finding small syntax "typos" and the like.  :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"