Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Single trigger/script Dynamic Chopper Transport  (Read 2215 times)

firstflash

Single trigger/script Dynamic Chopper Transport
« on: 28 Oct 2002, 07:03:27 »
SINGLE SCRIPT/SINGLE TRIGGER DYNAMIC AIR TRANSPORT

This script will provide the player with air evac/transport to his location to go wherever he wants using 1 radio channel.
(Credit to snYpir for his "Chopperwait" snippet, which allows this script to work for groups.)

4 objects and 1 trigger (and the script) are all that is needed:

Objects: (unitnames can be changed)
1.Player
2.Chopper (not empty)
3. H-pad1 (base/start point for chopper)
4. H-pad2 (invisible)

Trigger:
Activation on: Radio Alpha (must use channel alpha)
Set to: Repeatedly
On Activation: in this order (use any names u want)
[playername,choppername,h-pad1 name,h-pad2 name] exec "DAT.sqs"

If you want you can set the triggertext to "pickup", but not necessary as the script will control the triggertext after running once.

Features:
-Chopper comes to your location for pickup
-Chopper gives player "estimated time of arrival" and status update at travel-halfway point
-Player designates drop-off location by clicking map
-Chopper returns to base, lands (engines off) and refuels/repairs as needed.

What it does:
When Radio Alpha is called, chopper will take off from start position (presumably a friendly base) and fly to and land at players location. Chopper will wait until player (and any other units in players group) board(s) the chopper.

After player boards, chopper will lift off and join Player's group. Now player can order chopper to move to any location using the map. Give the move order and the chopper will move to the specified location.

At any time while player is in the chopper, you can call for a drop-off by again hitting Radio Alpha. Chopper will leave player's group, land and wait until all units are out.

When all units are out, chopper will return to base/start position, land and power down.

Repeat as needed.

If chopper is destroyed during the mission, you wont receive the bad news until you request another airlift.

The only drawback is, you can only have 11 units (including you)in your group if you intend to use this, as well as this:
If your units are spread all over hell-and-gone when you call the chopper, you better get them all to your location as the chopper wont leave until every group member is aboard.

Also, when calling for pickup, you are specifying the area approx 20 meters around you. Probably shouldnt be on a cliff-side :).

If this is nothing new,let me know, but i havent seen one like it before.

Otherwise, let me know what changes need to be made and about any bugs you find, and/ or if its any use to anyone. I dont play in MP, so i have no idea about how it works there. Please post suggestions for improvements / enhancements etc.

Firstflash
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2002, 18:23:30 by firstflash »

Diealot

Re:Single trigger/script Dynamic Chopper Transport
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2002, 02:00:18 »
Great Script...I also think you have solved a problem I was having in relation to a vechial instead of a helo. I could not figure out how to make a vech wait until members of the grp were in before moving. As always you may not have a full grp and your wait sub-routine that counts the amount of people in group is just what I need.  I hope you dont mind if I use it. I am pretty new to OFP and need all the help I can Get. Again Thank You

firstflash

« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2002, 17:28:47 »
No problem, anyway the credit for that goes to the uber-guru of scripting <snYpir> who came up with the chopperwait snippet.

Glad you like it.

Firstflash.

Bearclaw

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2002, 00:11:44 »
a really nice script firstflash good work. Works perfectly

Judge856

« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2003, 01:52:17 »
This sounds really cool but I can't get it to work, I've never used scripts before an im pretty new to Op flash. On execution I get two errors...

'(heli distance _player) <|#|400': Error Type String, expected Object

and

'helifz = getpos _heli select|#| 2': Error ype String, expected Object

On Activation: ["Ryan McLelland","UH60-MG","H","H (invisible)"] exec "DAT.sqs"

I've also tried [SEBPARA, UH60t, H, H] exec "DAT.sqs"   -   which is the unit names but im not sure of the Heli pad names (Civilian>Objects>H and H (invisible)

Please please, if anyone can tell me how to fix this it would be grately appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.

Judge856

« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2003, 21:56:58 »
Lads please, if anyone can help it, it'd be really really really appreciated

wi77ard

« Reply #6 on: 06 Apr 2003, 03:54:02 »
hiya Judge856

what version of ofp do you run ?

i think this script uses onmapsingleclick which is not supported in early versions of ofp

might help  :-\

wi77ard

Judge856

« Reply #7 on: 06 Apr 2003, 20:35:25 »
1.46 Cold War crisis.

tankieboy

« Reply #8 on: 08 Apr 2003, 12:20:26 »
Very nice script using 1.91 thank you

tankieboy

« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2003, 09:34:04 »
Can someone tell me how to get this to work with the BAS MH-47E.

The MH-47E takes off but no side-chat and no 'forward' movement to my location. The only things I have changed within the demo is including the MH-47E and changing the player to a BAS Ranger with other members.

I was interested to use this script as once picked up you become leader of the helo and thus use the advanced MH-47E commands such as fastrope etc. Maybe the scripting within the addon causes conflicts?

The helo joins your group and leaves and as it has a pilot and gunner my squad size is only 10 to allow for this.

I can get it to work with any other blackhawk or littlebird addon I have but not with the MH-47E!

Please someone help as the BAS MH-47E addon and this script would be great.

Thanks in advance.